Acer Aspire 7740-6656

MeG
MeG Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have an Acer Aspire 7740-6656 that shows no signs of life. I have tried removing and replacing the battery as well as trying different locations to plug into power. I have even tried removing battery and power supply and holding start buttom 30 seconds. Except for a green light on the power supply cord, still no signs of life. What if any are my options? Any help/ideas appreciated.

Answers

• MeG
    MeG Member Posts: 2 New User

THANKS for ALL the helpful responses.... I KNEW you would solve my problem, just didn't expect it so soon........YOU all are REALLY GREAT!!!!!!!!

• Phil-3
    Phil-3 Member Posts: 1,181 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi MeG,

I am sorry to hear of the problems you are experiencing.  As you know, this is a peer to peer support forum where other Acer customers share knowledge and assist each other.  It is possible that your post was not yet noticed by our members.

I will see if I can get one of our senior members to take a look at your problem.

Best Wishes,

Phil-3
    Community Moderator

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

1) i would take off HDD and ram and try if it can boot

2) i would put back 1 stick of ram and try to boot, always without HDD

3) if still dead, maybe a CMOS reset would help, just google and you will find a lot of information about that

4) if still dead, probably the motherboard is gone

5) i'm GMT+2

good luck Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Josephwin
    Josephwin Member Posts: 1 New User
    did this work.. having same issues.. with 7740-6656
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    Josephwin---Do any LEDs light up when you press the power button only the charger plugged in, no battery? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ