Acer Aspire E1-532 doesn't recognise DVD's or CD's. Which driver update do I need to fix it?

Cliveberg
Cliveberg Member Posts: 3 New User

I have been on Acer's support website but still can't figure out which driver I should update to fix my DVD drive, which does not respond to CD's or DVD's when inserted, even though Autoplay is set.  Anyone know what I should be looking for?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer

Hello,

You can try this MS fix it: KB314060

France
  • Danny32244
    Danny32244 Member Posts: 2 New User

If the cd-dvd is not showing up on the device manager it may be a registry problem (upper and lower filters) something to check.

• Cliveberg

Thanx for the tip Danny.  Any idea where I should be looking for these filters?

• Cliveberg

The link you sent works fine the first time I run the diagnostic, but only temporarily - the next time I start my laptop, the DVD drive isn't visible.  Inserting a CD/DVD makes no diffference - it doesn't trigger a change to the My PC display and I' don't get the dropdown list of possible actions asking me what I'd like to do with the disc or which program want to open it with.  It used to do this, but no longer does.  I guess the 'filters' option, once I understand what to do and where to access these, is the next step.  Can you help?

Many thanks

Clive