Aspire S7-392-9439 speakers suddenly stopped working (but plays sounds through earphone ok)

jolijolee
jolijolee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Aspire S7-392-9439 speakers suddenly stopped working (but plays sounds through earphone ok)

I have tried restarting, turning the laptop off and then turning it back on, with no luck so far.

Device manager shows that the sound card is working properly and the driver software is up to date.

I haven't changed any settings, and the speakers are not on mute.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution to this?

Thanks!

Answers

• danieljaqz
    danieljaqz Member Posts: 10 New User

are you still having this problem, if you make any progress please post. Sorry that i dont have any advice. Wish I could help

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Important: We assume that you are using Windows 8/ 8.1

If you are connecting your earphones and speakers simultaneously to your computer, it is recommended to disconnect earphones and connect only the speakers (if you have not done this already) and see if that resolves the issue.

If the issue still persists, you may need to check the settings for your default sound device by following the steps below:

1. Go to your Start screen and type Sounds
    2. In the Search charm that opens up, go to Change system sounds in the search results.
    3. Go to Sound window, then click Playback and then, select your Playback Device (in your case, it will be your speakers).
    4. Now, click "Set Default" to set speakers as your default sound device.
    5. Keep the default Playback Device selected and click the Configure button.
    6. Click your speaker setup in Audio channels.
    7. Click the Test button to send sound to each speaker, or click an individual speaker to send sound to it.
    8. If you are able to hear sound properly from both the speakers, you have completed the setup successfully.
    9. If sound is missing from all or one of the speakers, or if the configuration type was changed, continue with speaker setup by clicking Next. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the speaker setup.

If the issue still persists, you can try connecting the speakers to some other computer (if possible) and check if there is anything wrong with your speakers.