ah, customer service at its finest.

KaloHutch
KaloHutch Member Posts: 2 New User

i cannot message them without some stupid pin for my tablet which i do not have and is out of warrenty :') ah the joys of modern customer service.

anyways hello, i have a acer iconioa w510 tablet, one day i set it to factory reset but the battery died before it could finish

thus the automatic repair screen came up with shut down VS advanced option> screen unresposinve ofcourse

tablet was restarted numerous times only to face the same screen untill hours later it became stuck in an "automatic repair" to "diagnosing your computer" "failed" "automatic repair" loop. the tablet is competley inaccessible except for the BIOS menu when tablet is started while holding power + volume down.

i just want to factory reset this peice of **bleep** and sell it for the $200 dollars its barley worth, please help and tell me there is someway to fix it that doesnt involve bringing it to a specalist and costing me more than my profit.

*note: i have a recovery disc saved to an extrnal hard drive if that helps explain anything*

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

You need to create a UEFI bootable version of the revcovery disk. If you have the 3 CDs the one maked "system" is bootable. Since the 510 USB power is minimal I would use either a powered CD with its own wall wart or a powered hub to drive it.

The alternative is to find a machine with the Enterprise edition of Windows 8 or 8.1 and use that to create a bootable "windows to go" on an external hard drive and boot from that.

Are a number of threads from early 2013 on how to boot a 510.

• KaloHutch
    KaloHutch Member Posts: 2 New User
    I thank-you for your detailed feedback but that made absolutely no sense to me Smiley Sad

I would need like a step by step visual guide, I'm so daft with tablets.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Step one, do you have a USB DVD drive? Does it have it's own power? if so, you are good to go with the three disc recovery set.

If your DVD drive doesn't have it's own power you will need to use a USB hub that has it's own power. The tablet itself can't run and provide power to a big device like a DVD at the same time.

If you don't have an external DVD drive we'll have to explore more complex options.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
This discussion has been closed.