How do I switch on the Iconia w3 bluetooth?

Options
KRA5H
KRA5H Member Posts: 12 New User

How do I switch on the Iconia w3  bluetooth? 

So far the wifi appears to be working (unable to fully test wi fi since the battery will not hold a charge and there seems to be no way to correct this problem--so can't take the w3 to a wifi hotspot to test)

I was unable to install bluetooth properly from the the acer recover icon on the Widows 8 desktop. It just hangs and then asks to close the program. Is there somewhere that I can download the bluetooth drivers to micro sd card or copy them from the Windows 8/recovery disks that came with the W3 to a micro sd card and then install them?

Since the w3 will be forever tethered to its power cord, I'm going to use it as a small footprint desktop computer, so, I'd like to be able to pair it with a bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You can download the driver package from Acer's support site for your locale, then install from whatever media you have handy. I'd lean toward an SD card since a USB stick requires an adapter cable. You can also connect a USB hub to allow keyboard and mouse. If you go the wired route get a USB hub with it's own external power and you'll be able to connect things like an external DVD drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KRA5H
    Options

I tried to install the 

AcerDriver Package2.0030.3 MB

But it seems to be the wrong version and won't install. Is there anywhere esle I can get the drivers to switch on the bluetooth? Also is there software that I can run on the iconia w3 to see what hardware is built into the w3? Maybe if I can figure out which bluetooth device is built into it I can find a driver for it other than here on the Acer site.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you at 8 or 8.1 ? Have to select that first. Next with 8 I'd Click on"all" and start with the

OthersAcerDriver Package1.0030.0 MB2013/07/24

with 8.1 I'd go to the latest:

OthersAcerDriver Package2.0128.4 MB

2013/11/18

One of these W3-810 driver sets must be loaded to get Bluetooth (and a few other things) working.

To see a lot of things just run MSINFO32 & search for "bluetooth". Also in Device Manager it will appear at the top as "Bluetooth Radios"

If neither is found, the driver is not loaded.

• KRA5H
    Options

I was able to download and install all the drivers (1.00 all the way to 2.01) provided on the acer website for the iconia w3-810. still not able to see buletooth radio in device manager. what am I missing? Or is there somewhere else to get the driver for the iconia w3-810 bluetooth? I'll even consider upgrading from windows 8 to 8.1. I think there is an 8.1 upgrade for the w3-810 on the acer support site.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

I think that about here I'd go to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Event Viewer>Windows>System and look for errors relating to Bluetooth. If not there, check Application and Secuity as well. If it tried to load and failed, it is in there

Sometimes I just need to flush the entire cache - use the Clear Log button for each section, but you may want to save the old contents in a file first.