powercord loud beep sound

h35amh35am Member Posts: 4

I have a problem with my power-cord plug-in/out beep. ITS VERY LOUD and annoying and I cannot disable or adjust it to a reasonable volume. This problem is known for years but Acer wont come with a fix for this problem. Maybe someone can help me with this problem, I know for sure that this will be mine last hardware from Acer, WORST after sale and customer support ever.Smiley Mad

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer

Can you tell:

notebook model

OS installed

by the way, try this if available:

right click the volume icon down in the task menu > then hit playback devices > then right click speakers (realtek high definition audio) > hit properties > hit the tab "levels" > there you should see a slider named " Pc Beeps" or "PC speakers" turn that down/mute 

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • h35amh35am Member Posts: 4

Thank you for your msg,

My notebook model: Aspire 5740 - Windows 7 - All the latest driver has been installed.

I've heard that this problem can be solved but only in BIOS, but  I have a restricted BIOS and see only couple of options and nothing about sound.

Is there a way to unluck my BIOS (like a normal pc BIOS)?

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,415 Trailblazer

Have you tried my suggestions?

it's not easy to unlock a BIOS and you can brick your device easily.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Thank you,I have tried your way and many others, but no results Smiley Sad
    Theres a method that completely disables the beep, but thats not what I want.
    I guess theres no help from Acer for so many people for almost over 4 years, anyways I'm selling my laptop to buy a other brand with better support(open for suggestions), no more Acre for me.

For the lost souls who trapped by evil and dumb Acer support, try this:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/455372-disabling-awful-power-cord-beep-6.html

BTW, NEVER BUY A ACER. I have 4 acer laptops in the past 7 years and every time I have a truble and I'm calling the support they dont know what I'm talking about or they do it like this problem never existed before spacialy with this last one, Aspire 5740, AC-adapter plugin and unplug beep sound.