Acer liquid e700 v1.0.18.00 upsate with problems and there is no change log.

cmvrgr
cmvrgr Member Posts: 12 New User

This morning got the update 1.0.18.00 after the upgrade appear a window saying "unfortunately, the process com.android.systemul has stopped." and not leaving anything.

Necessarily downloaded the 700mb of 1.0.14.00 threw a sd and then I did from the start the process, but more of the same.

The problem was corrected after spending again 1.0.14.00 after I wipe back to factory settings and then again installed the 1.0.18.00 and all played fine.

We need to restore the phone from the beginning. In 1.0.14.00 I made ON THE AIR did not send any problem.

I can not find changelog for 1.0.18.00

Answers

• Kingus
    Kingus Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I have same problem with my E700.

Help please

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You need to do a wipe cache from the recovery, you will loose all your data.

i don't have the e700 but:

power off your device

now press Volume DOWN + power button

select Recovery

on the next screen with dead android, press power button

select wipe data/factory reset

reboot

[edited per member request]

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • cmvrgr
    cmvrgr Member Posts: 12 New User
    do you know where I can. find a changelog?
  • Ozzie
    Ozzie Member Posts: 8 New User

Same problem here. Can't use the phone because of the constant error message.

Cleared the cache in the recovery, but that didn't work.

• IronFly

cmvrgr wrote:
    do you know where I can. find a changelog?

Acer doesn't publish change logs.

• IronFly

Ozzie wrote:

Same problem here. Can't use the phone because of the constant error message.

Cleared the cache in the recovery, but that didn't work.

download this, flash the e700 and re-download OTA 1.018

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/OS/OS/OS_Acer_AV0K0.E39.1.014.00.EMEA.GEN1_A44K_A.zip?acerid=635430747005056262&Step1=SMARTPHONE&Step2=LIQUID%20E700&Step3=E39&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

• Ozzie

@^#$%@!!!

Now backing up user data first, then do a "wipe data" in recovery. If that doesn't work I'll reinstall like you mentioned.

Do you know where I might find a system log that can tell me more about why the crash is occuring?

• IronFly

Ozzie wrote:

Do you know where I might find a system log that can tell me more about why the crash is occuring?

Nope, sorry.

• Djanero
    Djanero Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same problem with my E700 but i don't have any backup and I can't loose my data. What can I do?
  • Ozzie

In recovery mode the "wipe cache" option will not work.

The "wipe data/factory defaults" will get the E700 working again on version 1.0.18. However, the data that is not backuped to google is gone. Google backups wifi codes, apps and such. But still, a lot is gone.

Recovery also provides an option to backup and restore user data. Right now I am restoring my data to see what will happen.

Making a backup of the user data took me quite a while, so you may want to get your E700 working on that.

• IronFly

Ozzie wrote:

In recovery mode the "wipe cache" option will not work.

The "wipe data/factory defaults" will get the E700 working again on version 1.0.18. 

this is the correct behaviour.

ROM version will remain the last installed, it will only wipe cache and user data.

• IronFly

Djanero wrote:
    Hi, I have the same problem with my E700 but i don't have any backup and I can't loose my data. What can I do?

Boot on recovery and, as told by Ozzie check the option to backup user data, then do a wipe cache/factory reset.

if this don't solve your issue, download 1.014 from the link i posted above, flash it using a microSD from recovery.

• steini
    steini Member Posts: 2 New User

I have the same problem with the crashing UI and my recovery mode is in some chinese language so i dotn understand a single word. Any help on that ?????? I need my smartphone runnin and not like that. 

I ask myself who is so stupid to rollout an update what crashes so many user devices, and i bet we see just the tip of the mountain here.

I summerise, i cannot flash my device cause i dont understand the Recovery manager, and i have a device i cannot use cause this notification is perma poppin.

Any suggestions what i can do !?!?!?

sincerly Florian

• IronFly

you did the wrong buttons combination if you have chinese menu, this is test factory menu.

read my posts above.

• Ozzie

Restoring the user data backup into 1.0.18 gave me the error again. So that didn't work.

IronFly, what do you think will happen if I restore the 1.0.14 system and then restore the user data (1.0.18 version). Will that work or screw things up even more?

I know, I should have made a backup of the 1.0.14 user data, but still, Acer could have provided that option during the update as well.

• IronFly

if you install 1.014 and then update to 1.018 without any restore before 1.018, it will work smoothly.

by the way this OTA upate behaviour is not good, must work without wiping or reflashing old version.

• Ozzie
    IronFly, I downloaded the 1.0.14 file you recommended, and in recovery wiped data/factory reset and then "apply update from sdcard". The installation then aborts with the error message "Error!". No kidding Smiley Happy
    I guess going back to 1.0.14 is not an option.
  • steini
    steini Member Posts: 2 New User

Resetin works BUT to enter Recovery Men u u have to press Volume DOWN + Power.

sincerly Florian

• IronFly

steini wrote:

Resetin works BUT to enter Recovery Men u u have to press Volume DOWN + Power.

sincerly Florian

Strange, maybe they inverted from past MTK devices.

• Ozzie
    Funny, I missed that because my HTC Desire used the Volume DOWN + Power combination. Hence it was the first I checked. Smiley Happy
This discussion has been closed.