my laptop says 0% available plugged in charging.. but not charging can you help me?

Good Afernoon. when i plugged my laptop in for charging there is indication that it is charging but it is not charging. when i look at the batttery icon it says (0% avaialbe ,plugged in charging).. but it is not really charging.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Try the below mentioned steps:
    1. Shut Down your laptop, then plug-off the power adapter, and then remove the battery from your laptop.
    2. Now, keep the Power button on your laptop gently pressed for around 40 seconds.
    3. Reconnect the power adapter without inserting the battery.
    4. Power On the laptop.
    5. Once you are into Windows, Shut it down again.
    6. Now, remove the power adapter, then reseat the battery, then reconnect the power adapter, and then reboot again.

This link can be useful:
    http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/0-available-plugged-in-not-charging-acer-aspire-5830TG/m-p/151417#M29872

If the issue still persists, you may try recalibrating your laptop's battery. To know more about this, you can refer to the following Acer support pages:
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11574/~/how-do-i-calibrate-my-battery%3F
    http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2430/related/1

If the issue still persists, there may be some issue with your battery. It is recommended to try using a spare battery (if possible) or contact nearest Acer Service Center for further assistance. This link can be useful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

• kiwibloke
    kiwibloke Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks so much

This worked a treat

Dont know why it works but it does

Thanks and God Bless

• kulferhat
    kulferhat Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear Guru

That is amazing, I don't know how but it worked like a charm.

Thanks for sharing this knowledge.

• kjthomps1
    kjthomps1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I think that this solution could help me however I do not know how to remove the battery from my Aspire R7-371T.  There back is secured with screws.

Is there a way to do this without removing the back?

Thank you!

• Frog4334
    Frog4334 Member Posts: 8 New User
    Is this applicable to the S7-391? I can't remove the battery (it's internal) but this is my issue...
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Frog4334
    Check the bottom or back of your machine for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. If it exists, remove the charger and gently press a paper clip into the pinhole to disconnect the battery for  about  30 seconds. Then let the machine rest for 15 mins. Then turn it back on. Jack E?NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Raktim
    Raktim Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    JackE said:
    Frog4334
    Check the bottom or back of your machine for a small pinhole with a battery symbol. If it exists, remove the charger and gently press a paper clip into the pinhole to disconnect the battery for  about  30 seconds. Then let the machine rest for 15 mins. Then turn it back on. Jack E?NJ
    It works. Thanks 😊😊
  • a_g
    a_g Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Frog4334

Thanks @JackE - you've done it again!  I had tried the battery reset button before but other people hadn't said to hold it in for so long or to leave the laptop for 15 minutes.  Thanks so much man!

To anyone else trying this: I also held down the power button for 40 seconds before powering the laptop on.  Thought it was worth a try.  Also, I tried this the following morning.  Not sure if either of these things were needed but thought I'd include it here in case it helps someone else.
  • samscepka
    samscepka Member Posts: 1 New User
    JackE said:
    Frog4334
    thank you so much! god bless you!