Acer Aspire One 725 Keyboard

pete2t300
pete2t300 Member Posts: 2 New User

Is there an "Alt" lock on an Acer Aspire One 725 keyboard?  It's as if I'm holding down the Alt key when typing.

Also, the shortcuts on my desktop malfunction.  When I double left click the mouse the properties window pops up instead

opening the program.  I have to right click the mouse and click on "Open".

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I have never heard of an ALT lock. Caps lock, num lock, scroll lock yes, but not alt lock.

What happens when you try to just left click once? If it comes up as the same menu as you get when you right click, then you may have a mouse pad that needs to be cleaned, or is sticky. The mouse thinks that you are right clicking all the time. Also, see if there is anything in the mouse properties. I had a friend of mine who made a practical joke by switching the right and left clicks on me. Was not that nice.

• pete2t300
    pete2t300 Member Posts: 2 New User

I know there is no such Alt lock.....it operates as if there was one.   Removed the mouse from the system.  The touchpad has the same issue. 

I reboot, it works fine for awhile then back to the issue.  It does not matter which program I choose to utilize. No set pattern.

This discussion has been closed.