Problem with touchpad and Windows 8.1. Acer Aspire E5-511

2»

Answers

• brian4c
    brian4c Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm 75 years of age and have been using computers since the beginnings of BBC B using a host of different operating systems.   I bought one of these laptops yesterday for my wife thinking I could just hand it over.   Mistake.   5 hours later, after removing most of the pre loaded rubbish and accepting the touch pad was worthless I finally was able to pass it over to her.   I uninstalled McAfee and am using Windows Defender now.   Luckily I found a wireless optical mouse in my desk that worked immediately.   Using 8.1 and running in desktop mode with the wireless mouse it compares favourably with my PC running windows 7.   Shame about the touch pad but otherwise a nice affordable machine.

• paingminthant
    paingminthant Member Posts: 1 New User

I've a solution update your BIOS download from this link http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers it will be work

good luck guys

• enlightened
    enlightened Member Posts: 5 New User

Thanks for the post!

Have you ever done this?

Updating the BIOS is a serious thing. If something goes wrong what'll do?

Sounds great but I'll have to have some more proof please.

Keep posting!

• d0g
    d0g Member Posts: 13 New User

I just applied the BIOS update on my E5-411 and the touchpad is FINALLY working properly! Why couldn't Acer provide the solution in this forum?? I can't believe I've had this laptop collecting dust on a shelf for six months having given up on a solution to the ridiculous touchpad issue. Really, Acer?

BTW, I even installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview thinking it might solve the touchpad issue, but it took the BIOS update to solve the problem.

• DaveGeek
    DaveGeek Member Posts: 1 New User
    I solved it by going to bios and changing the touch pad menu from advance to basic.
  • eldinj0
    eldinj0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2018
    i don't know if anyone wants my help at this point maybe you guys already fixed it but i solved this issue without re installing windows. Download Acer Care Center with the windows system you have installed 8 or 10 (inculudes 8.1 if you choose 8) and update all the drivers with the program you just installed (Acer Care Center) and it will fix you many more issues including the touchpad problem. Try it and maybe you will thank me :) Here's the link to the program i just showed you    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/software-acer-care-center