hi all, i just got an aspire 0ne 725-0802 laptop, need help

reble1
reble1 Member Posts: 8 New User

I just got this Aspire One laptop on Fri Sept, 4th.   The problem that I can't get around is that win7 32bit will not see the wifi card.   I have typed in the SNID and the S/N in the "Search by Serial Number or SSID"   many times looking for the drivers and manuals.  All I get back is a "No Files Found" error message.  The Mag date on the laptop is 2012/05/15.  This laptop is only 2 years old.  And there is no manuals or drivers on Acer for a 2 yr old laptop?  Thats dumb.

Steve  KC7BYP

Answers

• Download this system info tool, uncheck everything except hardware, save log whereever you want and see if if shows a wifi adapter. I bought a used Acer and it had a dead wifi card.
    http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/system_information.html

• reble1

I forgot to put in that the OS is an OEM Win 7 Ultmate 32 bit.

Well I opened the laptop and physically verified that there is a wireless modem in the laptop.  The following info is printed on the wireless modem.

WLAN MAC ID ***********

T77H301.00HF

2201001362-03L1

I have download and tried the Atheros and Broadcom wireless drivers.  Neather set of drivers work.  There is still a red  X over the wireless icon in the tray next to the clock.

As requested I am posting a Dropbox link   https://www.dropbox.com/s/78quaoref5i9l4v/System_Information_By_Tweaking.com.txt?dl=0  . Of the Treaking scan. The only thing that I can think of now is that the Wireless modem is bad.  The rest of the laptop and Windows works fine.  Now there was drivers and software left behind that I del for a Netgear USB wireless stick.  That didn't fix the problem with the internal wireless modem.  I also saw someware (I don't remember were) that the hard drive has some kind of administrator password lock on it.  Also there is an "Windows old" directory on the hard drive.  I do have a self booting prog on cd that will bypass any passwords and wipe the hard drive clean.  I think (unless someone has an other idea's) that it is time to just wipe the hard drive clean and replace the OEM Win7 with the Win7 Home 32 bit that I have.  Does anyone have any thoughs on that?

Steve

[edited for privacy - removed MAC address]

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Acer drivers for your laptop:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4253;-;AO725

your Wlan is Atheros.

Can you please post a screenshot of you Device manager with network adapters tree expanded?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • I had a hard time finding the correct driver for a V5. The one that was supposed to be correct wouldn't work. This one did:

win7-v10.0.0.285-whql.If you have wireless icon in system tray the card is being found.

• reble1

Thanks for the help from all of you.  I finely got the wireless modem up and running.  The laptop is now connected to the internet via my home router.  Again thanks to all that gave me advice on this subject.

Steve

This discussion has been closed.