acer w700 burn in

Options
kingqadri
kingqadri Member Posts: 12 New User

is any one else experiencing burn in issues with their tablet. whenever a image is kept too long on the screen it gets burned in. it goes away after awhile but it is still a problem

Answers

• suzook
    suzook Member Posts: 16 New User
    Options

None at all. These are lcd ips screens...no image retention at all.

• kingqadri
    Options

i think i shoud return mine then

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    I actually also did see a little burn in. I left it on for a couple hour on the same screen and it happened. Not a big deal as it went away pretty quickly. I've also seen it happen with my other ips displays. I wouldn't worry too much.
  • cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

I didn't think this hapened on LCD screens at al, I've never seen it. Could you post a video or picture showing it?

• 1stTimeAcer
    1stTimeAcer Member Posts: 96 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

it's already gone, and I don't plan on seeing the burn in again...

• kingqadri
    Options

i took pics of some of the burn in. it goes away after a couple of seconds, but it comes back if a image is kept for more than like 5 min

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92208196@N05/8381329803/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/92208196@N05/8381335077/in/photostream/

• kingqadri
    Options

so do u guys think i should return it

• cylemmulo
    cylemmulo Member Posts: 54

Tinkerer

Options

that is extremely odd, if you can replace it still I would maybe suggest it

• ounkeo
    ounkeo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i *just* started getting this problem today and i'm not sure if it's the hardware or windows 8 that's the problem. i've had the w700 since beginning Dec 2012 and this has never happened before. i did an update last night and now it's got the same burn in as you're showing. this only shows up on windows 8 start screen. if i switch to a blank screen of any colour, the burn in does not show up but it will show up again if i go to the start screen then dissappear after a few minutes.

i'm going to wait to see if an update fixes it as it looks like a software refresh problem on the start screen. it's temporary retention but still annoying to see.

• wariscoming
    wariscoming Member Posts: 13 New User
    Options

Yeah I noticed this at first too...but now about a week or so later, it's gone.  Doesn't happen anymore.

• leftturney
    leftturney Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Sorry to revive an old thread but any updates to this?  I never had this issue at first, but i started noticing this about two weeks ago. It fades back out as others said but it is annoying.

It has to be something windows related, you cannot see it on a solid color desktop but you can clearly see it on the win 8 start screen.

Edit: You can see it on a solid color desktop like a light blue solid color. It's definitely screen burn in. It is surprising that you can see it after as little as 30 seconds on full brightness.

• empirep
    empirep Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I have also started having this issue.  Does anyone know of any resolution for this or should I return it?  Does it get worse?  Is it the beginning of the end for the screen?

• smaug42
    smaug42 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I see the same when running Windows 8.  I've been running Linux on it as well and haven't noticed any ghpsting or burn-in there.. yet.

• rezette
    rezette Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Dear all, I have the same phenomenon when running the device in the windows 8 mode. I also installed android 4.2 on the W700 and noticed it was not apearing any more. Pherhaps it has something to do with the device drivers for windows 8. Curious to know if anyone else has the same experience.

Grts, Gilbert

This discussion has been closed.