Connecdting A1-830 to Win7 computer

Options
2»

Answers

• Aussie
    Aussie Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

And another thing: someone tagged the post as "Solved". Probably the Administrator. I don't think it has been solved. Not nice the dismissal... Remove the tag please.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Aussie wrote:

And another thing: someone tagged the post as "Solved". Probably the Administrator. I don't think it has been solved. Not nice the dismissal... Remove the tag please.

Already sent a PM about that.

Aussie wrote:

Breaking News (!): This morning I connected the Acer to the PC and this time I cannot see one folder at all! The Fiction folder disappeared. Before I could see at least half of the sub-folders...

Also, Windows could not install the drivers for CLOVERVIEW! Very weird this behaviour...

Cheers!

Not good at all both issues.

Ok after checking your "hardwareIDs" i can confirm, those drivers can't match the ID, at least on "acermtp.inf".

Now i'm checking if i can find something around.

EDIT: nothing.

the only "solution" to try, is to modify the "acermtp.inf" strings (use notepad):

under both [Generic.NTx86] and [Generic.NTamd64]

add:

%GenericMTP.DeviceDesc%=DriverInstall, USB\VID_0502&PID_3603

save and try to install manually again.

i know, that's not the best solution but if it works, i can send it as fix on drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Aussie
    Aussie Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks ironFly,

It was a good try but it did not work. I changed the installation settings to not automatically install the drivers, edited the .INF file and did it manually but still the same. After that, a folder with 249 subfolders would display only 15 subfolders. Every day a different result.

As I said, I use a file manager over the WiFi so I do not need it anymor but I am really curious about the fixing and of course, this would help other users.

Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers!

• Acer-Brad
    Acer-Brad Administrator Posts: 348 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi All,  the original poster of the topic marked this as solved but we agree this topic needs more discussion.  Therefore I removed the solved flag.  

This discussion has been closed.