Acer Iconia a1 830 problems after update

Options
medalekspmc
medalekspmc Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello there,
As you probably now, 4.4.2 KitKat was released for my tablet today. I was very excited, so I downloaded it and installed it. When the installation was finished, it was preparing media things (after the Android logo with Chinese words) and my tab crashed 3 times during that process. Finally, when everything was prepared, I started using tablet like I do every day. From that moment, I had to restart my tab about 20 times because it was freezing. Does anyone know what is the problem? I can barely use device for 1 hour before it freezes. Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I have this tablet since July, and this thing happened max 2 times.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I can only suggest to try a factory reset.

System settings/backup&reset/factory reset

You will loose all your personal data.
    Let me know if you see any improvement.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• dogstar64
    dogstar64 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi there, my friend also has this tablet and is having exactly the same problem(s).  Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I can only suggest to try a factory reset.

System settings/backup&reset/factory reset

You will loose all your personal data.
    Let me know if you see any improvement.
  • medalekspmc
    Options
    Hey IronFly!
    I was thinking about that, but I have spent about 70h on a couple games, if not more, and they don't have cloud storage. This might be stupid, but I don't want to throw that number of hours in the water. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll see what I'll do.
  • FabioDaniel
    FabioDaniel Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have problems too. Since I updated the performance is better but sometimes apps force close, android freeze and I have to force restart, and other problems. Today I cleaned the cache .. let's see if it works. Kitkat is a good Android OS but this release from Acer looks very unstable.
  • medalekspmc
    Options
    Well, I am back. It doesn't freeze now, after factory reset. I'm kinda sad I lost some of the files, but life goes on. Thanks for solution.
  • IronFly
    Options

You welcome.

• Miha18
    Miha18 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi,
    I have updated A1-830 to kit kat and it becomes unusable. It freezes too often and restarts after few seconds. Before update tablet was perfect.

I tried with factory reset through settings/backup&reset/factory reset, and also power button+volume>delete data. Same problems again.

Is there a way to return to previous version of software in Acer service departament? My tablet have valid warranty.

• hasselbaink
    hasselbaink Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Same here.

Tablet was working fine before the update, and now it keeps freezing and rebooting very often.

Mostly when I turn the WIFI on or off, but also when doing seemingly nothing.

Also, it doesn't remember my WIFI password, and I have to keep entering it every single time I want to connect.

All of this problems appeared after the latest system update, and my new tablet

is now rendered pretty much useless, because it freezes up on its on volition.

Very disappointing.

I feel like the only solution is reverting to an older system version, before this crappy update,

but as far as I know, it is not yet posssible,

so I'll just not use my tablet until this is solved by Acer, and hope that it will be solved.

NOTE: factory reset did nothing to help. If anything, the tablet now seems to be freezing up even more often.

• eskaro2001
    eskaro2001 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi all,

My tablet updated to 4.4.2 a while ago and it was performing very well until today I discovered that the wifi signal on the tablet is very weak. It takes forever to load pages and such. Restarted numerous times and no, I don't want to do a factory reset as I'm losing all the data and apps I already have and don't wanna go through that hassel again. Other than the wifi issue everything works flawless. But without being able to access the internet it makes no sense to use the tablet. Hopefully acer will work on this problem. Anyone experiencing the same I going through now?

• saim_khan
    saim_khan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

my tablet was working great on jellybean. but yesterday i updated it to kitkat during and after update everything was going okay. i have noticed no problem. but when the battery dropped to less than 20 % it shutted off by itself so when i was turning it on it wasn't.. so i plugged it and then it turned on.. it happened three four times.. so now what should i do? please help me.. it was very great tabllet.. love acer.. thanks and sorry for my english.

• MarkoniKG
    MarkoniKG Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello, i have seriosly problem with my Acer Iconia A1-830, after applaying official kitkat upadte. Tablet is totaly unstabile, lot of freezing an many of aplication don`t work propertly is there any patch for this or can you hep us and just return tablet on previous android version?

NOTE: factory reset did nothing to help.

• Sherv
    Sherv Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

My friend has one and is at a loss. The wifi password does not save. If you select the wireless from the list and put in the password it works untill the tablet goes to sleep, reboots or the wireless is turned off then on again. At that point the password is cleared and now there are no saved wifi passwords and does not reconnect to the wireless automatically.

Any advice?

Sherv...

• Dim_Alex
    Dim_Alex Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Same here too.
    At end, I will try to use warranty...(have 2 dead pixel from the first day i buy it. I will use that like reason, if the software bug is not a good reason to get it back...) This is not usable device after update. That is NOT our problem...

• stula
    stula Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

i tryed the foctory reset but it only worked for 10sc then the camara stuck. i restarted it and it went back to the grey screen.

• MarkoniKG
    MarkoniKG Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Same case after new 2015 update, freezing and lost WiFi passwords every time when turn off,  sometime lost even only sleep,  after that must restart tablet,  five times to work..... Shame,  I have tablet since Jun 2014, and it's unusable after avgust 2014. update.  Acer where are you?  

• hdelgadoarenas
    hdelgadoarenas Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I´ve found a solution in a similar case.

Follow this steps:

1. Shut down the tablet

2. Press up vol. botton and on/off button 3 seconds.

3. Release on/off botton and continue pressing the up  vol.

4. Select wipe cache and press on/off botton

5. Repeat steps 1-3 but now select wipe data/factory reset

That solve my problem with the wifi but I´ve lost all my data.

• daniellefouse
    daniellefouse Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

i got the acer iconia one 10.1 tablet and had so many problems and im really good at fixing them but usually it depends on the brand acer is a bad brand the best brands to get is samsung or lg some brands r good but some arent i got abudget tabletsand  then i regret it i had acer and my wifi kept on buffering turning on and off and it was annoying couldnt watch netflix or anything the wifi would stop