Options
2»

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

JAJSOUND67 wrote:

[Edited - Removed Link]

I've edited the link, we cannot promote piracy.

@WestMichigan,

I understand the irritation with this process. Did something change with your system? Did you have it repaired, or swap out parts? Each time you activate with Windows, it keeps a hardware ID. If that has changed beyond an acceptable limit (to MS), that could be what's flagged this in the system.

• WestMichigan
    WestMichigan Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

No changes whatsoever to my system .  I think my kids have a habit of just turning the computer off instead of shutting it down and Windows gets corrupted which forces me to re-install (funny how this never happened with Windows XP).   I never chose to reinstall just for the fun of it.  This has happened 3 or 4 times and the last time I no longer was able to activate Windows.

• langsat
    langsat Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options

Did microsoft reply you the reason for your windows 8 product key being blocked? It should not be blocked since your product key is OEM. That means only your desktop can use the product key for activation since the product key is bonded with your motherboard. You should not buy another key. Maybe you can call the microsoft to tell your problem. Why they cannot differences the original owner for the OEM product key and the theif who uses it ? They should only block the other user which uses the OEM key not you since you are the genuine owner for the OEM key. The OEM key should be lifetime as long as you did not change your motherboard.

This discussion has been closed.