Computer crashed.

Options
blade00000009
blade00000009 Member Posts: 5 New User
So I have never really gone to Acer support with this problem but my laptop crashed for unknown reasons. (I think it happened when I was traveling with it in my carry on) Now the problem is when I boot the computer Acer logo shows up Windows boots then it blue screens and restarts. I tired safe mode with the advanded start up options. I had tired Last know good configuration also. The strange thing is now when I go into f8 it makes a very loud beeping noise. Which I cannot even turn off even with headphones in. Now I didn't start the computer much because last time I had a hard drive crash and I turning on the computer is bad when you have that I heard. Now if someone could help me that would be aperrciated.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,631 Trailblazer
    Options

Acer model? Windows version?

Thanks

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• blade00000009
    Options
    Acer Aspire 5755 6482 Windows 7
  • JackE
    Options

Does the loud beep have a pattern of beeps? Or just one long extended beep? Also, have you tried to do a system  'erecovery' yet?  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• blade00000009
    Options

Is the option you are talking about located in the f8 advanced boot options menu? Also Multiple beeps should I count how many? It happens when I don't even hold down f8 and when I do hold down f8. 

EDIT: I clicked one repair computer and managed to get into it after a few tries. I will try to check memory hardware erros and try system restore. It can't be a harddrive crash because I booted into reapair system right? I just did System restore it failed. error (0x8000ffff) Should I take a picture of the Blue screen of death and post it here? 

• blade00000009
    Options

MAJOR EDIT: First I scanned my computer for any harddrive failure. It didn't see any failure then I did system repair what I said in my last post. When it said it failed i clicked turn off and it booted windows and no blue screen I am at the login screen seeing if I can login now. Logged in and said System restore completed successfully. I restored it to 8/13/14 2 days ago but 1 day before the problem happend which was yesterday. I have to thank you guys because without you listing things that I should do I managed to do something else and it's fixed! (Hopefully)

• JackE
    Options

No, erecovery is not the same as the F8 options. We'll discuss that later because there are some other things to try first.

First, count the number of beeps without pressing F8. Don't press any key.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• blade00000009
    Options

If this happens again I what I did doesn't work I will follow this. But thanks for giving a late reply and making me explore the repair system options Smiley Tongue Some things just work like that. 

• JackE
    Options

Congrats. Hope you're homefree for now and the foreseeable future! 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.