Replace W3-810 battery

Options
rdwray
rdwray Member Posts: 17 New User

How do I remove the battery in a W3-810? thanks...

Best Answer

• HMB
    HMB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

It is not an easy task but it can be done with care by a non technician person.
    First you will need to remove the back's plastic cover trying to avoid of breaking the small hooks that keep it closed
    (you can use an old credit card or a thin plastic pallet).
    Once the unit was opened, try to free the flat cable surrounding the battery unit by removing yellow glue tapes.
    After that you will need to disconnect one or two terminal of flat cabled connectors (very small units, so I suggest you for using a magnifying glass to repair electronic appliance).
    In the next step you will have to separate the battery connector from its other terminal at the printed circuit board.
    Finally, you will have to unfix the lower battery side from the aluminium plate. Be patience because both of them
    are fixed by double sided adhesive tape.
    It is time to change the battery and revert the disassembling routine.
    I also recommend to watch youtube's video "assembling of w3-810" that I picked up from the web.
    Have a good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBr2CVvfVvY

Answers

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi Ray, Your question was already asked this week 13 down from yours. No answers yet. It will take some one in a special situation to risk trying to open it.

• HMB
    HMB Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

It is not an easy task but it can be done with care by a non technician person.
    First you will need to remove the back's plastic cover trying to avoid of breaking the small hooks that keep it closed
    (you can use an old credit card or a thin plastic pallet).
    Once the unit was opened, try to free the flat cable surrounding the battery unit by removing yellow glue tapes.
    After that you will need to disconnect one or two terminal of flat cabled connectors (very small units, so I suggest you for using a magnifying glass to repair electronic appliance).
    In the next step you will have to separate the battery connector from its other terminal at the printed circuit board.
    Finally, you will have to unfix the lower battery side from the aluminium plate. Be patience because both of them
    are fixed by double sided adhesive tape.
    It is time to change the battery and revert the disassembling routine.
    I also recommend to watch youtube's video "assembling of w3-810" that I picked up from the web.
    Have a good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBr2CVvfVvY

• rdwray
    Options

HMB, my humble appreciation. What was killing me was the "double back tape"; I could not figure out what was holding the battery after pulling on it being careful not to damage anything.

• rdwray
    Options

Lenoid, see the post below yours to me; the question is answered.

• Leonid
    Leonid Member Posts: 121 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi Ray, YES!  Many thanks to HMB. Blessings on your project.

• rdwray
    Options

I'm done, give HMB a kodos....Smiley Happy

• rdwray
    Options

HMB, got it done, thanks again....Smiley Very Happy

This discussion has been closed.