Blank screen on ax1300

Options
galagal13
galagal13 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I've been experiencing sudden blank screens on my display monitor connected to an Aspire AX1300.  It only happens when viewing a video on line.  The screen goes blank to a color of whatever the background of the image i was viewing, and the computer no longer responds to keyboard and mouse commands.  This has been happening periodically since the early part of the year but is happening more frequently.  I'd like to know if there is a fix.

Answers

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    lots of reasons are possible. lower the resolution and see if it still happens. delete the Video Driver - reboot and let M$ install a Generic - does it still happen could be any # of 3d party program you installed, could be a corrupt Video driver. have you tried to REFRESH your system. let me know what you try and what happens, PS: the more info you provide the better the help
  • galagal13
    galagal13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you Snuffy.  I'll try these suggestions and let you know what happens.  It may take several days to see results as the blank screen occurs intermittently throughout the week.

This discussion has been closed.