M5 481 won't boot

Options
curiousparticle
curiousparticle Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi.  My laptop was working fine, held plenty of charge and no trouble charging.  I was on my laptop most of the morning then hooked it up to charge and left for the afternoon.  But when I returned the laptop would not boot.  When I pressed the power key the battery light blinked 4 times but then nothing.  I held the power key down for 30 seconds, nothing.  When plugged in it usually has a blue charge indicator, but now there is no sign it is plugged in.

All the forums say to disconnect the battery, but since this is all enclosed (it is the Acer Aspire M5 481PT) it will require a fair bit of work to tear the laptop apart.  I am wondering if there are any other ideas before I start removing screws and if there is a way to test the charger before buying a new charger.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help.

Best Answer

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't take the system apart. That could void your warranty. I would call Acer technical support and they should be able to send you a new charger, or give you info on how to get your computer repaired.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Don't take the system apart. That could void your warranty. I would call Acer technical support and they should be able to send you a new charger, or give you info on how to get your computer repaired.

• curiousparticle
    curiousparticle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

My Computer was out of warrenty.  But you were right, the warning was that the battery had no power left.  The charger died.  I purchased a new charger and now the computer is working fine.

This discussion has been closed.