E1-532G isn't remembering my TV settings after switching channel on the TV.

Options
Trivium
Trivium Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello.
I have brand new E1-532G notebook from Acer with Windows 7 x64.
It has integrated Intel HD Graphics and additional VGA R7-265M ATI.
I have a Sony TV Bravia (model SONY BRAVIA-KDL40W2000AEP) constantly connected through HDMI cable and whenever I switch the TV to other channel the notebook detects the TV as missing and changes my resolution automatically to a different one and removes the option for extended display.
Also my icons get replaced because of the new resoluion. I used the Intel program for adjusting the resolution and making a profile but this profile can't be set as default. When the resolution changes and the TV isn't being detected it goes to "Current profile" for some reason...
I've installed the drivers from the CD and later tried the ones from the Acer site (I see the driver version changes by manually looking at it in device manager) but they don't make a difference too.
My previous notebook is Acer Aspire 6930Z which is working fine, didn't had the problem and was always remembering the TV settings even if I switch to a different channel.
Placing the HDMI in the other port and removing the other device(decoder/receiver)connected to the tv through hdmi port didn't help.
I tried drivers for Windows 8 which are compatible and a little older version 9.18.10.3234 Intel (and olders for ATI VGA) but to no vail.
I tried disabling the power saving modes and forcing the ATI VGA to be working constantly but there is no difference. I also tried the notebook to be constantly working only on Intel VGA but no difference.
Installing Windows 8 doesn't seem to be an option. Any idea from where I can find older drivers maybe for this configuration or registry modifying the software settings so there is a constant signal output through the HDMI?
I contacted Most Computers (Bulgaria) service for assitance and they told me that it is 100% software/driver issue having in mind the notebook is working fine. I tried to add additional third display and to force output even if it didn't detect a display from the Windows Screen resolution screen but it only messed up the other settings like resolution and even turning off my main display on the notebook for some reason.
I've used the intel program to make a display settings plan but it doesn't have an option to make it default. Whenever my tv switches to a different channel (not the HDMI) the notebook automatically goes to a plan "Current settings" in the Intel graphics properties program.
I am sure this is some issue with economical/power mode for the graphics/notebook so it turns off the signal to the tv even when the HDMI is connected. But changing all the options I could find it didn't made a difference.

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

I know you said that company said it was software, but have you tried to do the same thing with it connected to another TV to see if it works on another TV? My Acer allows me to change channels with no problems, but it is a different model.

This discussion has been closed.