Synaptic Touchpad Drivers not Installing correctly(Aspire V3-572G)

2»

Answers

• shadyguido
    shadyguido Member Posts: 5 New User

I think there might be a way to opt-out of this awful precision touchpad configuration stuff.  Can someone with more expertise than me tell me if this will do it:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn467318(v=vs.85).aspx

• dolan123
    dolan123 Member Posts: 5 New User

Guys, the problem is you installed Windows in Legacy Mode. For whatever weird reason, Windows won't detect the Synaptics Hardware then and thus you are stuck with the default PS/2 mouse driver.

The solution is to install Windows in UEFI Mode (enable in BIOS). The bad news is, that I haven't managed to do this with Windows 7 and unless I'm missing something, it seems this solution may only work with Windows 8. That'd mean it's impossible to properly run Windows 7 on Acer laptops, which is reason enough for me to return it and get another product.

• cballardut
    cballardut Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey. Try "PC Settings" in Metro. I hate Metro, but that's where I found the trackpad driver. I was able to reverse the scrolling direction and turn tapping off. The actual click still works.

• cballardut
    cballardut Member Posts: 2 New User

BTW it's under PC Settings/PC and Devices.

• Chamod_Gayashan
    Chamod_Gayashan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Why not insalling elan and synapicts touch pad drivers f5-573g-74fz laptop plz help me

• Krolita
    Krolita Member Posts: 1 New User
    [SOLVED] I finally fix the problem after haft year strungglings
    1. First, you have to enter BIOS mode (restart and press F2 if you're using Acer products).
    2. Next, go to Main page and find Touchpad option.
    3. Change the option from Basic --> Advance.
    4. Finally, press F10 to save and exit.
    This solved my problem, hope that'll help.

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @Krolita

Hi, it looks like this thread was created in 2014. If you have a solution/query please create a new post that way it would be identified by everyone.
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer
  • Ricardo65Br
    Ricardo65Br Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, Everybody. Solved the problem!!!
    I have an Aspire E15 E5-571 with the same problem. As I could´t find a Driver, I tryed a Dell Synaptics and it works. Ok, on that moment i realized that the problem wasn´t W10 or hardware.  I uninstaled the Dell driver and install the "Acer Aspire V5-472 Synaptics Touchpad Driver 19.0.9.4 for Windows 10 64-bit" that can be found at "https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/KEYBOARD-and-MOUSE/Synaptics/Acer-Aspire-V5-472-Synaptics-Touchpad-Driver-19-0-9-4-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml". It WORKS! But not so easy

Step by step.
    1) Download the driver 
    2) Uninstal any other synaptics or third parts mouse program on  Control Panel-  Programs and resource
    3) boot the machine and press F2 -  On mouse options DON´T put the Advance option. Be sure about this.
    4) Run the instalation program from the new Driver and boot the machine.
    5) You will not see any change. Don´t worry. 
    6) Here comes the "magic". Open Control Panel and click on Mouse.
    7) Click on Hardware -> properties ->  change configuration -> Driver -> actualize driver
    8) Select the option search driver on computer -> Allow select drivers on my computer -> 
    9) UNSELECT   show compatible hardware
    10) Select Synaptics and model Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad 
    11) Install and re-boot
    12) open again Control Panel -> Mouse -> and you will see the Icon of Synaptics. Click on it and configure as you wish your touchpad.

Sorry for my English. My windows is in Portuguese and the options may be not exactly as I described.

Good Luck,

• Anjali_24
    Anjali_24 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks a lot @krolita my problem got solved, tried every available solution none works except yours

This discussion has been closed.