restore cd for aspire v5-471

Options
absolutwalker
absolutwalker Member Posts: 7 New User

i want to restore my laptop Aspire V5-471 model to brand factory setting so that i can install oriignal windows 8.1 instead of pirated 

thanks

Best Answer

• absolutwalker
    Answer ✓
    Options

No problem sir,,,,,,thanks for your kind and appropriate advices......closing my thread here now.....wil head to redington this weekend and wil try to fix the problem.

thanks & Bye.

Regards,

Absolut Walker Smiley Happy

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you still have the recovery partition on your HDD, press ALT+F10 at boot and you will able to access Acer recovery manager

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • absolutwalker
    Options

But i dont have the recovery partition.....i deleted everything and right now running[edited to comply with guidelines] on my system..........To recall back, when i had bought by laptop, there was original windows 8 professional preloaded........i want it back so i can upgrade to 8.1 professional in authorized way,,,,,,,,,,,thanks for ur help Iron FLy......hav a gud day Smiley Happy

• DarrenHill
    DarrenHill Member Posts: 37 New User
    Options

When you say you deleted everything, do you mean you just formatted the c: drive, or do you mean you actively went in and removed the hidden partitions which contain the recovery media (or exchanged the HDD for a new one or an SSD)?

If it's just the former, then the hidden recovery partitions may still be there. The proposed route above (reboot then hold alt-F10) will tell you if you're not sure, or alternatively you can see via the disc management section of the computer management program (right-click on the "my computer" icon either in your start menu or on your desktop, or wherever Win8 may hide it, and select Manage). If you see multiple partitions on disc 0 aside from the one assigned to c: then you may be in luck.

Just remember to back-up your data etc that you want to preserve onto a separate media first, as everything on the installation drive (c: usually) will get wiped.

• IronFly
    Options

If you have deleted all the partitions, the only way to have your system back to factory condition is to request the recovery DVD from Acer.

• absolutwalker
    Options

@Darren : i deleted everything and did a clean install Smiley Sad Ur reply appreciated boss Smiley Happy

@Iron Fly : u r right but how man ?? when i had purchased my laptop, they didnt give me any DVD and from where to contact them ??? thanks Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options

Where do you live?

• absolutwalker
    Options

Qatar Smiley Happy

• IronFly
    Options
  • absolutwalker
    Options

Thank you very much. I have contacted redington and hopefully they wil reply me by coming days,,,,,,,,thanks once again Smiley Happy

• absolutwalker
    Options

i contacted Redington qatar and they r telling me to get my laptop in their service center for fresh installation of windows 8 so i can recover the image later and upgrade to 8.1 afterwards. Also the engineer told me that they wil be charging me QR 150/- for such a small service Smiley Sad((

• IronFly
    Options

Probably they can't sell recovery DVD to customers directly.

no other ideas, sorry.

• absolutwalker
    Answer ✓
    Options

No problem sir,,,,,,thanks for your kind and appropriate advices......closing my thread here now.....wil head to redington this weekend and wil try to fix the problem.

thanks & Bye.

Regards,

Absolut Walker Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.