Aspire V7-582pg SSD upgrade

Options
2»

Answers

• Ahasus
    Ahasus Member Posts: 23 New User
    Options

Frenz

No, it doesn't show up in the boot menu, the LED on the stick lights up, but no more

Thats when you use a 32bit Image of Windows. As far as I know the Microsoft download tool just auto-downloads the "proper" bit-version according to your current system. In fact you are unable to download a 64bit Version from an old 32bit system. I really miss the logic of Microsoft here. There ist no option to choose the version yourself!

So the USB somehow lights up, but it is not shown in BIOS becaus Win32bit is not UEFI compatible. If you switch to Legacy it will work after a reboot. But I would not recommend Legacy-Mode for Windows8, which will boot faster with UEFI.

I've decided to go ahead with the cloning nethod, I've looked thru the list of drivers & stuff, don't feel like re installing the bunch, besides from my own previous downloaded software including more than 30GB of music. I'll go rigidly thru the Acer stuff when I'm all done   

• Frenz
    Frenz Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

@Whizzo

Faster? It's a different machine, I wasn't impressed by the caching SSD, since I was used to an Thinkpad T430 with SSD. The instant responce when opening a program, still not used to it after over 20 years of "HDD-habits".

Try to find anyone at any forum who isn't very pleased with the changeover to an SSD, it will be hard

Just do it, it's a no brainer

And thanx for the boot tip, works fine!

• ricky124
    ricky124 Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Hi all, I am glad your project worked out well.  Question: I am debating whether I should put in a PNY Optima SSD that I got at a low price online or fork up more money for something like a Toshiba or Samsung SSD.  Do you think I will see much difference?

• Frenz
    Frenz Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options

Dunno really

Samsung has a reputation for speed and quality, the new Crucial MX100 is supposed to be pretty good too and cheaper.

Depending on the size you want, the price differences aren't really huge.