V5-573G and installing GTX 850M drivers

Options
2»

Answers

• David64
    David64 Member Posts: 23

Tinkerer

Options

doubt they have to... but why they still do it is beyond me.

• Elkim
    Elkim Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Well, before I found this topic, I made a phonecall to Acer customer service. Guy told me, that I should not apply any such drivers which arent from Acer official. He told me, that those drivers can unlock more performance and my laptop's construction isn't made for that so it will overheat. 

Well, make's sense but It's weird. It will took few month and they will not give ***** about any futher drivers because this product will be "old" and not avalible for buy. I kinda hate notebook's companies for this but I guess that business is just business. 

• therongguy
    therongguy Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

Options

Drivers may increase performance, but that is because it is more optimized for certain, often newly released games. It's purely software-based, and will in no case affect the TDP of the GPU itself, since drivers never actually change the clock speeds of the GPU or the VRAM. You can safely use the method described in this thread to apply any newly released drivers from Nvidia in the future, don't believe anything that that Acer rep said.

• Elkim
    Elkim Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Well, I agree and thank you for explanation. But, I was curious and I benched my laptop with Unigine Heaven on Extreme preset. I got 397 pts. with old oem Acer drivers. Then I got 426 pts. with 340.52 actual drivers. Its not much but it counts. Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.