7535 notebook has always had a problem with the power supply fitting loosely into the computer now

Options
shroomer
shroomer Member Posts: 4 New User

my 7535 notebook has always (from initial set-up) had a tenuous connection when plugging in the adapter.  Most of the time I have had to wiggle the input or cause some sort of tension to keep it connected.  Now it will not connect at all....I even ordered a new adapter but it definitely is the computer.  Is there a way to repair this ?  I have not been able to use my computer for over a week now waiting for the new adapter but still no power connect and the battery is almost gone.

I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Best Answer

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

repair is call for service

Answers

• HK53T
    HK53T Member Posts: 767 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

repair is call for service

• shroomer
    shroomer Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thanks, I was afraid of that.  My husband told me to send it back immediately but I needed the computer.

• brownhound
    brownhound Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Our 7535 developed this same problem. I ordered a replacement jack for less than five bucks on ebay. I found the service manual for the laptop somewhere online and walked through it to replace the part - it does requiring disassembling quit a bit and then soldering the new part on. It worked...for awhile, but about six weeks later, the loose power jack was a problem again.

This discussion has been closed.