Fn+F3 Not Working

rohit
rohit Member Posts: 4 New User

Please help me..

When I am pressing Fn+F3 small wifi and blutooth window use to open now its not coming.

What should i do..Now when i press Fn+F3 my bluetooth switches off and on but when it switches on than also i am not able to transfer files.

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

Good day

the small windows is called Launch manager. Reinstall it by going to start, all programs, acer, acer erecovery management, then click on restore on the left handside of recovery management screen, reinstall drivers and applications, contents, look for normally its called dritek launch manager / or just look for launch manager, click on the green little arrow on the right handside to reinstall....it will resolve the Fn+F3 query

Regarding the bluetooth, can you see your computer on another device? If not, make sure that you allow it to be visible to other devices right clicking on the bluetooth icon in the bottom right hand corner and clicking on open settings and tick "Allow other bluetooth devices to find this computer. to find the icon in the bottom righth hand corner, you have to switch the bluetooth on using the Fn+F3. Also make sure that your devices are paired.

• rohit

Freeza first of all thanks for helping me.

I have done transferring before freely without any hurdle yes my device is paired and visible to eachother.

Now when i transfer file goin to Start>All Programs>Accessories> Bluetooth File Transfer IT TRANSFERRING THE FILE

BUT it doesnt transfer like before when i was right clicking and tryin to send via Bluetooth it gives error " Bluetooth Device Not Found Please Make sure your bluetooth device is turned ON"

After goin to All Programs>There is no Acer>Acer Recovery Management

Please explain in detail how can i rectify it.

Thanks

• freeza

Good day

type recovery management in the search bar or look for it manually in the c drive. another question i have is, is the OS on the machine the original OS that came with the machine or did you formatt and load your own OS

Regards,

Freeza

• Raffi
    Raffi Member Posts: 59 Troubleshooter

If you are using ultrabook,Please specify the model.coz for Ultrabook S7 we have different key combination to enable WiFi.

If the issue is not resolved,go to device manager and uninstal launcg manger and restart the computer.

if not try perform ercovery which would delete the data.Restart the computer keep taping Alt+F10

• rohit

My laptop model is Acer TravelMate4740

I have recieved my Laptop from college while i was pursuing my higher studyies

I didnt get the original CD of windows 7 but i was told its original and later it had some problem with windows than i gave to service and than i didnt ask which windows they have put.

And also freeza when i type any keyword in my search it doesnt come properly like for eg: if i type Sticky notes it doesnt come.

I have also tried putting keyword recovery management in search engine it didnt showed. Please help

Thanks a ton for replying back.

• rohit

Whats the prob i am not able to understand.

In short now when i press Fn+F3 small window of wifi and bluetooth ON & OFF doesnt open

INSTEAD when i press Fn+F3 my bluetooth only turns ON & OFF..

Even when it is ON i can send the files as i mentioned earlier it gives me error.

Please help..Smiley Sad

• freeza

Good day Rohit

May I humbly suggest that you backup data and reload to factory settings. I just had a similar problem on a extensa 5635G...the solutions was a formatt and reload

Regards,

Freeza

• arshadhameed200
    arshadhameed200 Member Posts: 1 New User

same problem i faced yesterday 31 january 2013,,, solution is, you need to go to start,, then type manage wireless network, and click it,, manage wireless network will pop up,,, DELETE all the network there,,, ok, when u delete,, then pree FN+F3,,,, thats all

• jdiegor
    jdiegor Member Posts: 2 New User

i already did what you mentioned in re-installing the launch manager from acer erecovery management but

still when im pressing Fn+F3 the small window is not coming up. its just toggling ON/OFF my wifi.

what should i do to fix this?

• jdiegor
    jdiegor Member Posts: 2 New User

i already found the cause why Fn + F3 doens't work. the bluetooth device in my laptop is not being

detected. i already unistall and install the arthos bluetooth driver but still not working. i read this

article http://acer-ph.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7432. i think that's exactly what had 

happen, but what i dont understand is after reinstalling again the driver still not working and the

bluetooth cannot be found. 

guys, i need help to troubleshoot this issue. 

This discussion has been closed.