can't find Aspire 5742g Bluetooth device

Options
lukebeukes
lukebeukes Member Posts: 4 New User

hi

I had my aspire5742g for a  year now and since i bought it the bluetooth was never working. Bluetooth swiches on, it shows up in device manager, Bluetooth icon shows up, descovery is enabled, all drivers are installed but when i want to add a device nothing shows and if i search for the laptop with another device nothing shows aswell.

Acer Aspire 5742g

intel Core i5-560m 2.67ghz

6gb ram

nvidia GeForce 610M 1gb

Windows 7 64bit Proffesional SP1

Bluetooth_Atheros_6.18.0624.0302_W7x64_A driver is installed but still the same.

Answers

• jkrish3249
    jkrish3249 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Seems this issue is not belongs to any software problem. I think you systems bluetooth hardware might not working proper so that you are facing this problem. A similar problem which i had before couple of years in wifi connectivity. since you told, it shows up in device manager, so go troubleshoot your hardware.

• lukebeukes
    Options

thanks i'll try troubleshooting and see what happens.

• lukebeukes
    Options

hi

i stripped my entire laptop to check if the bluetooth module was connected correctly and it looked ok no visable problems that i could see with it. does anyone know how i can test the module for faults?

• n2gc
    n2gc Member Posts: 104 Troubleshooter
    Options

Next time you hook a blue tooth devise to the unit, open "devises and printers" in control

panel and see if your hardware is located there.

Can you pair the devise ? Or it that the problem ?

• lukebeukes
    Options
    That is a problem because nothing show up in the add device window but the bluetooth icon shows up and all the drivers pops up in device manager like it should
This discussion has been closed.