acer a100 tablet

Options
johnrine
johnrine Member Posts: 4 New User

The capacitive screen on the acer A100 tablet is temperature sensitive. At a temperature below 70 deg F the screen will spontaneous input at random. It is necessary to warm up the screen to use the tablet. Is there a solution? Have you had a similar problem? It the screen defective and Acer is doing nothing about it?

Answers

• tpaige0991
    tpaige0991 Member Posts: 98 Troubleshooter
    Options

You really shouldn't have any issues unless it is in EXTREME cold, which 70 is not considered extreme obviously. I have never had this issue with my tablet. The digitizer should defiantly be responsive at 70, how long have you had the tablet, have you tried called tech support and maybe getting it set up for some sort of service?

• CB1
    CB1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Had my Acer iconia A100 for exactly 1 year. Received on black Friday - am now unable to unlock tablet. Cannot get numbers needed for tech support. Anyone have any ideas? Have already been to tech support. But cannot unlock to get numbers needed to receive help.

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Have you tried 1-800-816-2237? That is the tech number for Acer.

• johnrine
    Options

I bought the tablet as a reconditioned unit. I think these earlier units had a defective screen. Those who bought the new units originally had them replaced by acer under warranty once they had resolved the screen issue. The defective units were cleaned up and repackaged and sold as reconditioned. They were re-sold as "restored to new condition" because new condition for these tablets included the defective screen. I was drawn into buying the unit late last Spring with a price of $189. Going through Acer's website on the repair/replacement just shows the unit to have been sold previously and now out of warrarty. Kudo for Acer! I won't buy another Acer product!

• johnrine
    Options

I have found a solution for the temperature issue of the capacitive screen. I leave the unit on 24/7! Nice feature Acer! You need to include that in your discription of the A100 tablet. "Unit needs to be keep on 24/7". And you need to add that the unit also needs to be plugged in. The battery will not last through the night with the unit in sleep mode. So you could add something like this to your product description, "the battery will discharge through the night even with the unit in sleep mode so we recommend leaving the unit plugged in and DO NOT turn the unit off." As an option you could sell a VERY long extention cord so the unit could be carried around an apartment or taken outside for a short distance.

• piper
    piper Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

the problem I have with my screen is that when I have the power,USB, or the headphone plugged in that the screen either does not work or it opens something no

where near where I touch.  Unplug the power or what ever and it functions normal!!

I just ran out of warrentee but all other problems I had the tech support was to do a factory reset and start all over.  Seems to be their standard "fix"

This discussion has been closed.