ELAN Smart-Pad Issue. Touchpad and Keyboard Won't Work Simultaneously

PennyNyx
PennyNyx Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I'm really sorry if this has been answered before. I spent over 5 hours straight last night trying to find a solution and (obviously) couldn't find anything.

I have an Acer Aspire V3-571G, and the touchpad is an ELAN Smart-Pad (driver version: ETDWare PS/2-X64 10.6.9.9_WHQL).

My problem is that I am unable to both use the keyboard (e.g. typing) and move the cursor simultaneously. Whilst I see the advantage of this in some situations, it is very inconvenient when playing games, as I have to use an external mouse.

I have played with the mouse/touchpad and keyboard settings every way I can think of, and I still cannot work it out. I also tried updating the driver for the touchpad, but as it turns out I have the most recent one. I am also aware that others have this issue, so it is unlikely that it's an actual problem with the touchpad.

tldr; If anyone knows how to make it so that I can both type and move the cursor simultaneously, your help would be more appreciated than you can imagine.

Thankyou so much for your help!

-Penny

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi, PennyNyx.

In order to make use of the touchpad and the keyboard simultaneously, you need to change some settings in the Mouse Properties.

Here are the steps to do so:

Go to Control Panel.

Click Hardware and mouse.

Click Mouse.

Click on ELAN tab and select Options.

Click on Additional tab.

If the TP Rejection is enable disabled, enable it.

Click Apply and Ok.

• PennyNyx

Thankyou so much for your response,

I followed the steps you listed, but am unable to find 'TP Rejection' anywhere.

I took a screenshot of each of the tabs under 'Additional'. Could 'TP Rejection' possibly be called something else?

Thankyou ever so much for your help,

Penny.

ELAN SmartPad Additional PalmTracking.pngELAN SmartPad Additional Sensitivity.pngELAN SmartPad Additional Smart Motion.pngELAN SmartPad Additional Slow Motion.png

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

I am unable to see the pictures that you have uploaded. However, I can see the titiles. Disable the Palmtracking option and check if it works.

• PennyNyx

Sorry about that. Is your inability to see the pictures an issue on your end or mine?

Under Palmtracking the only thing I can change is a slider bar ranging from 'Minimum' to 'Maximum'. (It is currently somewhere in the middle. I have played with this, to no avail.) There is nothing else under Palmtracking for me to change.

This discussion has been closed.