Re-install Bluetooth in Win 7 X64 Home Prem. Aspire 4830TG after death of computer.

johnain
johnain Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all

My laptop (see subject for specifics) recently suffered a catastrophic invasion which killed my hard disk.

To satisy readers curiosity I explain that my perfectly valid Win 7 (pre-installed by Acer !!) was announced as counterfeit. This was rapidly followed by Absence of BOOTSTRAP software and CHKDSK issues, ending in a 100% unrecoverable computer. 

To recover I bought a new (1TB instead of 750GB) hard disk. Swapped it with the dead one and reinstalled Win 7 X64 Home Premium, applying the Product Key attached to the casing. No problems so far.

Next I downloaded Acer Drivers and Apps from the Excellent support URL, using my SNID as a reference. Only one problem here ...

My problem has a aymptom and a resulting issue. The systemtom is that when I use Fn+F3 no pop-op tells me the ststus of Wireless and Bluetooth as it always did before. However Wireless IS switched on and off by this method. Unfortunately Bluetooth does not appear to be switched on. 

The Driver I have applied is "Bluetooth_Atheros_7.2.0.60_W7x64_A". I also tried "Bluetooth_Atheros_7.4.0.96_W7x64_A" but that will not work either. Neither will either version bring up the status message I always had before, or any entry in the taskbar tray.

The Devices and Printers display has no Bluetoothe content in it either. It's as if I have no Bluetoothe Hardware. Device Manager has no Bluetooth device entries, however ther is an entry in Öther devices" for something called Acer Module which has a yellow warning and no drivers installed.

I have applied all of the drivers from the Acer support list. Where there are duplicates I have obviously ignored the irrellevant ones. So WiFi is Broadcom, Touchpad is Synaptics - I guessed that one, there is nothing on the hardware detection list. The alternative was Elantech. The 3G Huawei Module driver is (I think!!) not relevant for me.

The Acer  Apps I have installed are:

Live Updater

Camera

ePower

Launch Manager

PowerSmart Manager

Intel TurboBoost

USB Charge Manager

Wireless Display Intel

I have run Belarc Advisor which fails to report a Bluetooth adaptor, but that may well be because of the driver issue.

Any ideas will be most gratefully received.

Answers

• vvprad
    vvprad Member Posts: 246 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi..

How did you know that this computer has Atheros bluetooth card?

Have you tried installingthe Broadcom bluetooth driver?

This discussion has been closed.