Aspire E1-510 Windows 7 Drivers

mdude
mdude Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I bought this laptop a few months ago.  Aspire E1-510 Windows 8

I hated windows 8 and i was unable to get windows 7 on it until this month when i finally noticed they put out an update to the bios. And i was able to get windows 7 installed.  

After i installed it. I noticed the wireless lan and wired lan wasn't working. It took me hours to find the wired lan driver but it is finally working.  I looked for the wireless lan driver online and i installed it but it's not working. 

It installed fine but when i go to the wireless connection search.  It doesnt find any connection. So the only way i can use laptop is either wired or i plugged an old wireless usb in it. 

Has anyone got this exact model working on windows 7?  I really hate windows 8. I just need the drivers or at least just the wireless driver to get it working. 

Please Help

Answers

• Gert_Swanepoel
    Gert_Swanepoel Member Posts: 2 New User
    i Have the same problem, exept i need the VGA driver aswell? This is a Big problem Acer please dont let us down! HELP............!!!!!!!!!
  • mdude

That's right. I hope acer is reading this. Please don't les us down.  

Well after hours of searching. I finally was able to get both wired and wireless lan working.

I found a w7 driver for the wired lan and wireless lan. I don't know which website as i download many of them until i found one that works.

As for the other drivers I installed the window8 or didn't install.

Audio - w8 driver

Chipset - w8 driver

Pci Encyrpt/Decrypt(trusted engine) - w8 driver

unknown pci device(card reader) - w8

wireless lan - w7-10.0.0.274

wired lan - w7_7080_03212014

vga - no driver installed but windows installed it for me when i installed the OS

And i get a problem in the device manger for universal bus controller - i believe it has something to do with the pci 3.0 usb.

That's as best as i can get it. I got the main things working so its good for now. But please acer get the right drivers for us

I got all the drivers from the acer website except these 2:

If anyone needs the wireless and wired lan i can send it to them. Or someone send me a upload zip website and i can upload and post it here

My laptop says Aspire E1-510-4659

Good luck

• hsvetoslava
    hsvetoslava Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I need the Lan and the Wireless Driver for Acer Aspire E1-510 for Windows 7.

Could you please send me these drivers if you have them at my email address:

[edited for privacy]

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Slava

• mdude

Send me your email by private message and i will send it to you. Or send me an upload website.

• hsvetoslava
    hsvetoslava Member Posts: 3 New User
    Ok, I sent you a private message with my email, please send both drivers
  • scalplock
    scalplock Member Posts: 5 New User

I have the same issue with the missing drivers particularly for the network and LAN.  If possible could you please send me the two files you found or their location.  Appreciate it very much.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button,

clicking Control Panel,

clicking System and Security,

and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste here.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • scalplock

here's the first string.  there are 4 strings there, but this is the first one.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_08451025&REV_0A

• scalplock

Great job.  Now at least the Ethernet is up and operational.  I check the Device Manager and I've still got 4 more of these to find.  I'm assuming I can get these other 4 drivers at the same site????

Thanks very much

• IronFly
    Nope, that was only for Lan drivers.
  • scalplock

Appreciate your help.  I tried to install the Atheros drivers for the wireless, but they didn't have any setup files associated.  I'm still looking for drivers for the network controller and for the SM bus controller.  Any suggestions??

TIA

• Kuhinja
    Kuhinja Member Posts: 15 New User

Same thing here, for WiFi there's no exe or setup file. It's just number of system files. Please help.

I'm missing a lot of drivers. Here are the strings

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_064211AD&REV_01

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_528910EC&REV_01

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_08451025&REV_0C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F12&SUBSYS_08451025&REV_0C

------

win 7 x64 - acer aspire e1-510

• IronFly

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button,

clicking Control Panel,

clicking System and Security,

and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste here.

• Kuhinja

Hi,

I just updated my post.

• Kuhinja

Regarding intel chipset it says it doesn't meet minimum requirements. I opened even the win 7 folder but only system files, no setup.

Regarding other links, I'm currently in progress. I'll update as soon as it finishes.

• Kuhinja

Update:

Cardreader worked.

And wlan worked too.

Only these are left yellow:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_08451025&REV_0C

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F12&SUBSYS_08451025&REV_0C

• Kuhinja

I tried intel chipset from acer support driver page and it has installed.

the only thing that is yellow is pci encryption/decription controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F18&SUBSYS_08451025&REV_0C

I'm currently installing the last link you sent.