Problem Acer Aspire 9302wsmi

Options
mparmpouni
mparmpouni Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a problem with bad sectors with the hard disk, it was a hitachi 120gb sata. I bought a new one, Hitachi - HGST TRAVELSTAR Z5K500 HTS545050A7E380 500GB .
I install the disk in my laptop, but when i tryied to make format, in the begining the disk shown to be 131gb! I tried to make format on that area but nothing.

Then i put the disk on me computer and it works perfect! I formated it on Ntfs file system, a made partitions. Everything ok.
After that i install it again on the Acer laptop but now the disk looks to be with space 2mb!!! I tried with live windows to see the hard drive, and on windows xp live the disks works perfect, with the partitions, and it is accessible. I also tried to install windows 7 but i had the same problem with th disk.

I don't know what to do.
Pls Help.
Thanks

Answers

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    It looks like the new disk is faulty so just try to replace your new hdd and try to format again

post back your result
  • mparmpouni
    mparmpouni Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yesterday i took the already formated with that laptop 80gb hitachi hard disk and clone the partition to the 500gb hitatchi disk. Then i put the 500gb disk to the laptop, and i had a BSOD and a restart and after that i booted on windows xp without any problem using the last known good settings.

I install the drivers, antivirus, some programs, i put the back up from the old faulty disk to the new 500gb hitatchi and i made lot of restarts to see if the BSOD on the windows booting will hapen again. Everything was ok! I also install all the win xp updates. I closed the laptop.
    Today i opened it again and nothing! when it start loading the windows, i have a BSOD both on normal mode, and both on Safe mode!

I quit!!! I'm afraid that may be the problem is with the hard disc controller. Motherboard problem...

The last thing i willl do is to install again the old one, and i 'll format it. I hope there will not be any problem with doing that.

Thanks a lot Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.