Acer Z5 (Z150) Kitkat Update

Options
mhamedbj
mhamedbj Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

The acer Z5 is good, but still it, very need to 4.4 for low memory device

Acer Promised de get update to this device in the first quarter 2014, that why I bought it.

The first quarter is over and no signe of an 4.4 update.

Is this update still on the road or should I sell this phone now ?

Why promise to update in the first place ?!

Thanks Regards

Mhamed

Answers

• mhamedbj
    Options
    Is any one there ?

Any news about 4.4 update for the Z5 as promised?

Regards
  • bassie9
    bassie9 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    MediaTek won't develop KitKat drivers for the MT6572 SoC (motherboard) that is used in the Acer Liquid Z5. That means the Acer Liquid Z5 won't receive an update to Android 4.4 KitKat.

Sources:
    http://www.gizchina.com/2014/04/04/kitkat-coming-mediatek-phones-month-report/
    http://m.gsmarena.com/acer_liquid_z5-5929.php
  • mhamedbj
    Options
  • jdforever
    jdforever Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

What is strange is that the new Acer Liquid Z200 is going to have Android 4.4 (Kitkat). The Z200 shares the same Mediatek SOC (MT6572) as the old Acer Liquid Z3, Z4, Z5, etc. Correct me if I am wrong, but how is it that Acer cannot offer an update to the older Z-series devices?  

• xtianbalagtas
    xtianbalagtas Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

LETS ALL UP THIS GUYS WE NEED AND WE WANT TO HAVE AN KITKAT VERSION OF OUR ACER NOT ONLY JELLBEAN ITS TOO WEAK AND PLEASE MAKE THE OTHER FEAUTURES IN THE PHONE MORE ATTRACTIVE BECAUSE WE BUY THIS PHONE FOR US TO BE SATISFY BUT WHAT HAPPENDS? THERE IS NO UPDATES PLEASE UPDATE OUR ACER LIQUIZ Z5

• Chriscotton
    Chriscotton Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    As anyone else had trouble with updates on google apps is this down to the Z5 running on jelly bean ?
  • rj-najera
    rj-najera Member Posts: 11 New User
    Options

There wont be any update to kitkat for this.

• rj-najera
    Options
    Thank you acer.! Now we know we just can't trust you Smiley Wink
  • rj-najera
    Options

It seems that if we want an update we have to wait till someone releases a custom ROM (i think it will never happen), you can also instal cm launcher, it really makes your phone faster, but it's just a launcher , it runs while the factory one does ,so, it consumes twice the memory, but it has a buton that releases ram and i found it really helpfull.
    if we want a real solution i think we have to buy another phone, sad but true.

• chupol
    chupol Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options