M5-583P-6423 memory upgrade

Options
neoprimitive
neoprimitive Member Posts: 2 New User

i just bought an Acer Aspire m5-583p-6423 ar best buy last night. the specs say it will take up  12gb of ram. it came with 6gb, but e specs say there is only one available slot. after reading and searching here, i have learned that there is memory soldered to the motherboard and one stick i can replace. does anyone know what type and size of memory i need to get to max it out to 12gb? and do i have to pull the whole bottom cover off this computer? i'm debating taking this back if it's not an easy job, which it should be. this whole soldering ram to motherboard is new to me and i'm not sure it's a good idea to keep this computer. i want to keep it, but if the memory is a big deal to upgrade, i may get a different computer. i appreciate any help.

this is the laptop i bought:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aspire-m5-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i5-6gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/3339002.p?id=1219090454895&skuId=3339002&st=583p&cp=1&lp=1

Answers

• neoprimitive
    neoprimitive Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

i'm hoping someone can help me find an answer tonight. otherwise, i'm going to return this laptop for a different brand/model. i don't know what exact type of ram to buy. best buy was no help, thnought this computer used two 6gb sticks, which i know is not the case. and i wish acer would make it a little easier to find is information. i'm a little leary of having part of my memory soldered to the motherboard, and having  dismantle the whole case just to access the ram. i'm hoping someone from acer will chime in and help.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.