acer veriton 1000

Options
josephgogoradio
josephgogoradio Member Posts: 3 New User
i have an acer veriton 1000 i have notice the two fan are spinning faster than normal at 7000rpm and over heating the power supply and then it turns off

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,543 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds like dust bunnies might be clogging the air intake/exhaust. Vacuum the intake port with a shop vac. And use the vac's  exhaust to blow into computer's  exhaust. Report back with results.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• josephgogoradio
    Options
    have tried that still doing the same
  • JackE
    Options

OK. If you're sure it's still overheating and not simply a problem with the power supply (new ones are less than $30), then I suggest removing the covers and check for dust-clogged fins on the heatsinks and fan intakes on the motherboaard.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• josephgogoradio
    Options
    i have notice cpu is normal just the fan running to fast also power supply get to hot when fan start to go faster
  • JackE
    Options

The power supply shouldn't get "hot" unless the fan and/or some other system device is drawing too much current. Make sure the fan blades and its shaft aren't sticking. I'd also remove and re-seat the fan/heat sink assembly, clean it,  and carefully inspect the fan wires for insulation breaks or melting.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.