help with bluetooth

Options
kim_ashelie
kim_ashelie Member Posts: 2 New User

my acer aspire V3-571Gs bluetooth was working well,but ow it dosent.it connects to my phone,but fails to transfer the documents.can anyone help me out with this?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

kim_ashelie,

I am sorry to hear that your bluetooth is not working completely. Have you made any software changes or updates to the system since it last worked properly? Example would be updating from Windows 8 to 8.1 or installed the most recent 8.1 update? If so this may be the problem. I would recommend removing the device from your bluetooth devices, then visit our support site to download the most recent Bluetooth drivers for your device and operating system.

Also try connecting another bluetooth device such as a mouse or headset and see if that works. If the mouse or another device works then the problem may not be with the bluetooth on the computer.

If you are still experiencing problems, I recommend as a last resort is a factore restore to default settings as that will let us know if it is was software or hardware related.

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options

Right Click on Computer -> Select Manage

Computer Management Dialog box Opens

Select Device Manager in Left Hand Side and see if you see any yellow question mark near Bluetooth Peripherals.

I have attached a Image, Kindly look at it and if you have a yellow question mark i would Suggest you to download the latest availabe Bluetooth driver for your laptop from acer Website and install it.

8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.