SLEEP PROBLEM FIXED!

Options
Cyberpunk
Cyberpunk Member Posts: 23 New User

I fixed my Sleep problem.  Here's how to do it:

Basically eliminate Hybernation and the Hybrid Hybernate feature.  The Hybrid Hybernate feature in Windows 8 makes for super fast boot-up and fast shut down by putting the Windows Kernal to sleep instead of shutting it completely off.  By eliminating Hybernation Windows 8 really turns off and the Windows Kernal completely shuts down.  The result?  My tablet boots up in 15 seconds instead of 5 seconds and shuts down in 5 seconds instead of 2 seconds.  I can live with the extra few seconds to have the Sleep function work properly.  Now my tablet can sleep all day and wake up with no problem!  Not only that but I gained an extra 1.5 GB's of drive space because the Hyberfil.sys file is deleted in Windows when you turn off Hybernation. 

Simply pull up the Command Prompt (Admin).  In desktop mode bottom left corner Windows logo hold finger down a couple seconds and lift for pop up menu.  Choose Command Promp (Admin) and type:

powercfg.exe /hibernate off

Hit enter.  Done.  No reboot required.  If you want to go back to the way it was than simply pull up the Command Prompt (Admin) again and type:

powercfg.exe /hibernate on

Hyberfil.sys file will then show up again in Windows.

This discussion has been closed.