Problem With Aspire V3-731

Options
MoMaK88Tu
MoMaK88Tu Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello everyone ...
I have an Acer laptop ... I bought it almost one year ago. There are many problems in it. Unfortunately, most of these problems are in this laptop from the beginning. Now, I will mention the most recent problem because it drive me insane! I downloaded some drivers from Acer's website in order to solve another problem related to my external hard disk. I download Realtek HD Audio Driver. This new driver deleted the old one, and it started to continue after restarting. It could not continue. So, I do not have sound now in my laptop.
This laptop is (Aspire V3-731) I bought it with windows 8. Before many months, I found a new update for windows 8 to be windows 8.1 on the (store) so I download it. I should say that the update was for notebook and tablets; therefore, I do not know whether I did a mistake by doing that or not. I had a laptop with notebook/tablet OS. Please help me to solve this problem ... I have tried many things; however, nothing success to solve my problem. I need your help in this situation before moving to speak about other problems. I need to return the sound in my laptop. I should mention that each time I tried to download the Realtek driver, they send me this message: realtek hd audio driver failure ... error code 0x00000032. I live in Ottawa - Canada ...
Actually, I bought this laptop from a famous store called "Best Buy".
To be honest ... I thought of the formatting solution ... But I thought that there are side effects in many aspects in this action.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,535 Trailblazer
    Options

Follow this video for Win8 erecovery to factory settings with the retain data option if you need it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqgYe7OcLhA

Then resist the temptation to upgrade to Win8.1 unless you're certain of its origin.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MoMaK88Tu
    Options

Thank you ...

The problem is that there is no tool in my laptop called: Acer Recovery Managment.

Can I download it to make the recovery operation?

• JackE
    Options

Try "erecovery" in the search box to see what that brings up. If you still can't find anything under recovery, then you'll have to purchase recovery media (disk or stick) here http://store.acer.com/store/aceramer/en_US/eRecovery or click the Support button on the top of this page, select your country and type "recovery"  

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MoMaK88Tu
    Options

I found it under "Recovery Options" >>> "Update and recovery" >>> "Recovery" >>> "Remove everything and reinstall windows".

I think this is all what I need.

Thank you.

• MoMaK88Tu
    Options

By the way ... If I use this tool "refresh your pc without affecting your files," can I have solve the problem .... I mean without formatting the laptop ...

• JackE
    Options

>>> If I use this tool "refresh your pc without affecting your files," can I have solve the problem>>>

I would definitely try "refresh" first. It may (or may not) solve the problem. It can't hurt to try refresh first. Report back after you've tried it.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• MoMaK88Tu
    Options

I tried to use this tool "refresh your pc without affecting your files", but, unfortunately, it did not complete.

I guess if it is completed without giving me what I need, is better than what happened.

I will try to use the recovery tool after some days, probably next week, after I finish my exams.

Best regards.

• JackE
    Options

OK, good luck with your exams!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.