Enable Cpu i3 integrated graphics card on aspire 5742g ?

Options
MrSef217
MrSef217 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi , 

i have an acer aspire 5742g374g32mnkk with damaged ati radeon 5470M graphics card

(no display on lcd , vertica lines on external screen vga port), i was wondering if its possible to enable the cpu i3 370M intel hd graphics card ? 

i looked at bios settings but i didn't find anything. 

thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,541 Trailblazer
    Options

Have you checked its Device Manager settings yet?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrSef217
    Options

Hi ,

yes i checked the device manager but nothing is there the only graphics card i found is ati hd 5470 .

i'm 100% sure that the cpu has a graphics card the question now is if it can be enable ? and how ?

http://ark.intel.com/products/49020/Intel-Core-i3-370M-Processor-3M-cache-2_40-GHz

thanks

• JackE
    Options

I assume you're using HDMI out to a TV since you indicated the internal LCD and VGA out don't work or don't work correctly. Does Device Manager recognize any problems with the ATI? If it doesn't detect any problems, the driver might have been somehow corrupted. You might try to delete the card driver from Device Mgr, re-boot the computer, and let Windows re-install the driver

As for intel graphics, have you tried downloading and installing the intel driver?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• MrSef217
    Options

Hi JackE ,

i downloaded the intel graphics drivers but i get the message your computer does not meet minimum requirements. and the ati is recognized on the device manager but it crashes when windows 7 load its drivers blue screen atikmpag.sys so i had to disable it on safe mode.

the ati is damaged , i already did a reflow it worked for less then month Smiley Sad

now what im looking for is a way to use the intel if its possible.

i'm thinking of updating the bios , is it a good idea ?

thanks again Smiley Happy

• JackE
    Options

I doubt the bios upgrade is gonna do much for your hopes of getting the intel running. There might be an outside chance that the damaged card could be hogging shared memory and thus 4GB simply isn't enough. Memory's pretty cheap nowadays, you might wanna try 8GB to see if it makes a difference. Personally, I think I'd try baking the MB again since it worked for awhile the first time --- maybe first looking for signs of a trace break or delamination with a magnifying glass.

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.