False warranty

Options
emipark
emipark Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I brought an Acer laptop from a supplier named 'simply acer' online on 8/11/2012. It advertised that the product was new with 12 months warranty. Needless to say the laptop needed to be sent in for repair, whilst doing this, it told me that the the purchase date of the laptop & start of warranty was on 29/05/2012 and that the warranty ends on 30/04/2013, 114 days left. What the hell? Have I been conned? When I first received the laptop the back panel wasn't on correctly and I had to unscrew it and put it back on properly, but I shrugged it off thinking it was nothing, but I guess maybe it wasn't nothing. There is no way this laptop is new, and it has been falsely & dishonestly advertised. Anyone know what I can do? I'm obviously going to phone them first and see what they say. Any better suggestions, any help?

Answers

• freeza
    freeza Member Posts: 1,316 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Good day

Whethere the laptop is new or not: I suggest that you contact your supplier and ask them if the laptop was new or refurbished? Also send your Serial number to your local Acer Tech Support Department and ask them if they have history of that machine being in the repair centre? Maybe its a refurbished unit.

Warranty: Acer honours warranty as stated in the warranty booklet. Provide them with the Proof of purchase and they will amend the warranty. If you bought that machine on the day it was produced/ manufactured, then you will have a full 12 months warranty, but its impossible to do so, hence the purchase date on Acers system will not be accurate....so send them your Proof of purchase.

Regards,

Freeza

• Roahn
    Roahn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

ACER Aspire E1-531-4632  
    S/N: ***
    SNID: ***
    MFG Date 2013/01/21 

I purchahsed the above unit from ACer in September 2013, form inception the machine took hours to boot up- and then hours went into days and now it is two week since the macihne has not booted. My technician has informed me that the mother board is bad.

Acer is now declaring that their warranty is only to customers in the US-

This position is untenable and unacceptable- Has anyone experience a similar problem and how did you address it.  

[edited for privacy]

This discussion has been closed.