Restore S3-391 to factory setting

Options
ProAc_Fan
ProAc_Fan Member Posts: 1 New User
Just purchased a lightly used S3-391 ultrabook. Previous owner decided he hated Windows 8 so had a friend install an unlicensed copy or Windows 7 ultimate instead. I wish to restore this back to its original factory settings as I'm giving it to my daughter and a non genuine copy of Windows 7 looks hideous on it. I'm assuming there's a hidden partition on the HD that contains the OS and factory settings but how do I go about doing that? I'm not aware of the original owner backing up his system to a thumb drive or anything. I know Acer sells a USB restore drive but since I have the pleasure of living in Canada Acer doesn't ship to me.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

hi...Smiley Happy

If you have a unit from Canada, you may live chat with an Acer technician and they will place the order and ship you the recovery disc : Acer live chat
    If your computer is in warranty you may Verify eligibility for In Warranty Phone Support and call the number to place the order  warranty phone support
    The recovery disc will install the Operating System, all the pre-installed Software and the drivers of your system.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

• Joshfong
    Joshfong Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there, 

Sorry to jump on this thread. I have a similar problem. The previous owner of my Aspire S3 didn't like the windows 8 OS as well, and decided to get windows 7 professional downloaded onto this computer. Problem is that the unit was bought in Singapore, and i'm currently studying in the UK. Who do i contact to get a recovery disk/usb(since there is no CD drive on the S3) ? I want it back to it's original Windows 8. Thanks and hope to get a reply. cheers. 

• Joshfong
    Joshfong Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi there, 

Sorry to jump on this thread. I have a similar problem. The previous owner of my Aspire S3 didn't like the windows 8 OS as well, and decided to get windows 7 professional downloaded onto this computer. Problem is that the unit was bought in Singapore, and i'm currently studying in the UK. Who do i contact to get a recovery disk/usb(since there is no CD drive on the S3) ? I want it back to it's original Windows 8. Thanks and hope to get a reply. cheers. 

This discussion has been closed.