Windows Boot Manager failed error

Options
EzraEn
EzraEn Member Posts: 3 New User

NB : I have a very short deadline. its tomorrow. I have a very glitchy Iconia w4 that has only been with us for a day and night, with multiple screen flickers and this problem i am submitting. Windows boot manager has failed to boot my iconia up, meaning i cant even swtich it off. after two other messages come iup that are almost the same, the message: "Default Boot Device Missing or boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media and hit any key Then Select 'Boot Manager' to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media." The Previos two are "1. Windows Boot Manager boot failed." and "Windows Boot Manager boot failed." i Am experienced in computers so i know that something has gone wrong with the startup process, so nothing other that this freaking startup error reporting program is running other than some other starnge processes that i have no knowledge of. the next screen that comes up after the third popup says

Boot Option Menu 1. Windows Boot Manager ESC to exit

bluetooth doesnt seem to be running so im stuck with clicking windows boot manager which throws me through this lopp all over again. ive plugged my tablet into my computer but it doent seem to be recognised as a device.ive unplugged it in fear of it charging as running down the battery seemed to work fine on my ipad mini when it gopt stuck in a freeze screen.i dont think that the iconia will boot properly aftrer it runs down since i dont have any recovery media and i have a deadline. which is tomorrow morning. knowing thta the iconia has a max batterylife of 9 hours,im safe in knowing that the battery rundown will work. please subit any advice an knowledge. if you're annoyed at my typos please llok at my entry in the welcome forums.

Best Answer

• EzraEn
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Running the battery down seems to have fixed the problem! Works very well! No I don't think that there was any malware, just some stuff in the code.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

Unfortunately, it sounds like there are hardware issues with your SSD. It's possible the problem is some malware that has tried to overwrite your boot info, but unlikely this early...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • EzraEn
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Running the battery down seems to have fixed the problem! Works very well! No I don't think that there was any malware, just some stuff in the code.
This discussion has been closed.