Bad-Pool_Caller Error w/Blue Screen of Death

Options
HoppyMee
HoppyMee Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V5-571P.  It is a year old, came with Windows 8. I upgraded to Windows 8.1 yesterday.  I got ready to shut it down today and my AVG needed a restart. Of course I clicked for it to restart. That's when The blue screen popped up and it went into repair mode and said it basically couldn't fix it and showed me the BAD_POOL_CALLER error.  I tried every way that "I" knew how to go into safe mode. It wouldn't let me. I'm not sure what caused this, but I thought if I could get back "in" that I might could uninstall, AVG and Windows 8.1??? 

I'm at a loss and at this point, have no clue as to what to do. If anyone could suggest a few ways or have had this problem, I sure would appreciate your help. I hope I've given enough information.  

• V5-571P-323a4G50Mass

Thank you in advance!  Smiley Happy

Answers

• HoppyMee
    HoppyMee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I forgot to mention that I don't have a backup CD or anything to go back to Windows 8. How would I go about getting that. I am on a Dell Windows Vista and it is not a Windows 8.  This may be something all in all that I won't be able to handle myself. 

• thegreygeek
    thegreygeek Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Normally this is a windows driver problem.  In my case it was/is the Broadcom SD Card Reader driver BscsiSDa.sys located in Windows\system32\drivers.  This driver caused the BSOD only if I started up the machine with a SD card in its slot.  Take the SD card out and it boots just fine.  you really have to get the minidump analyzed to determine what the problem is.  The minidump file is located in c:\windows\minidump  Unfortunately you need to have WinDBG installed to analyze it.  But, nevertheless it most likely is a Driver, make sure you have the latest from ACER.  BTW, my issue only came about after I upgraded to the Windows8.1 service pack, that was released last tuesday 4/8/2014.  It was working fine until then. Now to find someone who cares, to report it to.

Good Luck

Bob

This discussion has been closed.