A1-810: HDMI signal is unstable

Options
ZombieAladdin
ZombieAladdin Member Posts: 2 New User

Okay, so we got this new Acer Iconia A1-810, and when an HDMI cable is plugged into our TV, the signal will cut in and out. The upper-left corner will say "HDMI connected" for about 2 seconds, then go away for one second, then return again. This cycles endlessly. Whenever "HDMI connected" is displayed, the TV will show "Signal Found," but when the connection is lost, it will say "No Signal."

Here is what I've observed testing it:

- If HDMI is on when I start the tablet, then I turn it off, "HDMI connected" will remain on the upper-left. This leads me to believe the outlet on the side of the tablet is not the issue; otherwise, this would be unstable too.

- If HDMI is turned off when the tablet boots up, it will not say "HDMI connected" at all. I have to go to the display settings and turn HDMI on, upon which it becomes that unstable loop mentioned above. If I turn it back off, "HDMI connected" stays.

- The tablet can only send a signal to the TV with a direct connection. If I use an HDMI-to-composite converter box, which in turn attaches to the TV, it will not establish a signal at all. (Other devices that use HDMI can operate with the TV fine. I have tested a Blu-Ray player, an Xbox 360, and a Wii U.)

- Rarely, the connection will hang on for long enough for the TV to flicker green-and-black static.

- I purchased a second micro-HDMI-to-HDMI cable to make sure it was not a defective cable. The very same thing happens.

Does anyone have a clue as to what's going on here? I've provided as detailed a description as I can think of. If I discover anything more, I'll report those too.

Answers

• gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options

Depends on the size of the tv,smaller tv'sare better,you cant use them on a huge tv,tried this before,it just its cuased by signal loss,the bigger the circuit,the more loss it has,if the tablet was a desktop pc that uses 120 volts of power at 500 watts on the signal to the hdmi in decibels,it would work fine,aka signal strength,but tablets with hdmi are meant for smaller tv's that have the least amount of signal loss,you may be able to purchase an hdmi signal booster or transformer adapter that may help with the problem though.

• gendrake93
    gendrake93 Member Posts: 29 New User
    Options

Please note that trying the thing you have described MAY damage you hdmi hardware.

• ZombieAladdin
    ZombieAladdin Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I don't think the size of the TV is a concern. This one is 26 inches, as it's the largest that could fit in the cabinet. Most TVs I see in stores are far largr than 26 inches.

This discussion has been closed.