Replacement Motherboard 5552G-7464

Options
huntryan
huntryan Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I tried to boot my laptop today only to get a black screen, no bios/post, nothing. Power lights come on, fans spin, but thats it.

I have tested it down to the point where I am pretty sure its a GPU/Motherboard issue. It has always run pretty **bleep** hot so I'm going to attempt a reflow on the GPU tomorrow, hopefully that will fix it for the time being.

If not I will be needing to replace the motherboard. My question is: How do I figure out which motherboard I'm going to need? Can't find any obvious part number for it and I was quite surprised to find I can't even contact Acer to find out, even via email. As much as I have liked their laptops over the years I find having to pay to contact customer service to be really poor customer relations. Unimpressed!

Anyway, I hope someone on here will be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Ryan.

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Normally on your mainboard ram sockets is a sticker which will start with MB

Take the first 10 digits, for example MBEFN01002     and put in some dots to make it a part number : MB.EFN01.002

Google the mainboard part number Smiley Happy

If you have no sticker if you post up the first 10 digits of your computers serial number maybe I can identify the mainboards part number for you.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,095 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello huntryan,

You'll find below the part numbers of motherboard for Aspire 5552G:

MB.R4302.001MAIN BD.DIS.MADISON.1GB.LF
    MB.R4U02.001MAIN BD.DIS.PARK.512.LF
    MB.WVE02.001MAIN BD.DIS.SEYMOUR.HM53
    MB.WVF02.001MAIN BD.DIS.WHISTLER.HM53

To find the exact part number (example):

Image-1.jpg

France
  • huntryan
    huntryan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for your replys, hopefully it wont come down to replacing the motherboard, fingers crossed.

So this took a strange turn this morning. After leaving it sitting for 12 hours I tried to boot it up and surprise, it went into post. After that it went to a windows update screen, went to updating 100%, then I got a blue screen of death with the error code "worker thread returned at bad irql" then it restarted. After that straight back to black screen of death and can't get it to post again.

This has really confused me as I was sure it was a mobo/gpu issue until this and was all set to perform a reflow today. Now, not so sure what to do.

If anyone has some helpful insight into my issue I would very much appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.