acer s3 monitor issues

Options
thesadkoala
thesadkoala Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey everyone,
I'm writing here to express my profound disappointment and ask for genuine help to the Acer community.
In September 2012, I purchased an ACER S3-951-2464G34ISS, wich cost me around €800. This price was already over-budget for me, but I took faith in the brand, believing it was a good deal to make, expecti g for a long-lasting laptop companion for uni.
In December 201,2 one of the USB ports broke down from the motherboard. I took it to the reseller (Worten, Portugal) which informed me the cost would not be cover by warranty and I had to pay for it myself because it was considered neglicence. The cost, the cashier costumer support tech informed me, was of about 850€.
Last year,in November 2013, the screen broke, whithout apparent reason, and once again, I took it to the reseller, which gave me the same answer.
I ended up purchasing a new screen/lid, from ACER, which costed me €200, money, you have to understand it was not easy to spend.
Tonight I was opening up the lid and *the simple pressure from the fingers I made to open the lid* broke the screen again.
I've spent €1000 now on a laptop which I believed was reliable and a piece, that is not sold by itself, but as part of the entire lid, is as fragile that the simple gesture of opening damages it unreparably, is, to me, just unnacceptable.
I cannot spend another €200, specially on the risk of it happening again. 

So I come to you in search of sugestions because I'm going to be honest, I'm getting pretty desperate with the whole situation.

Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I apologize for the problems you are having. My best suggestion would be to contact the service center in your region, to see what other options they may have. Unfortunately, I don't have any better suggestions for you at this time, other than checking locally to see what 3rd party companies can offer.

This discussion has been closed.