laptop stucks while working

Options
kasun
kasun Member Posts: 3 New User

this has started to heppend 4 months ago when i upgrade my os to windows 8.1.While i working computer suddenly stucks and hdd indicator not lighting at all.First it happen about once or twice a month but now it happens about 2,3 times a  week.That time nothing working ,keyboard or mouse with leaving no solution other than switch off with power button.Usually i use my laptop for everyday working.I tried with repairing os and updating drivers but nothing has changed.Need a help !!!

Answers

• hdatx
    hdatx Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Options

Go back to your factory values just to check if everything still works.  If the system works under the OS that the factory release with the unit your problem is configuration,  I will say the way you upgraded.  Im not sure what happened because I didnt do the upgrade but if it works under the Original OS there are something wrong during the upgrade.  DO NOT CHANGE THE BIOS VERSION thats a huge mistake.

• kasun
    Options

If i have updated BIOS how can i go back to previous?I have already reset windows and it made no difference

• kasun
    Options

same thing happening after format disk and reinstall OS.any idea what is happening? Is this a hardware failure? Or chage of the bios version?

This discussion has been closed.