Aspire 5733 During W7 Recovery, getting Error Code 0x3

Options
Draw0
Draw0 Member Posts: 3 New User

Originally I got a boot disk error on my system when restarting it.  I attempted a recovery from the recovery disk I created when purchasing the computer.  I got a Restore failed Error code 0x45d.  I purchased new recovery disk from Acer for $20 and got the same error.  I paid the $99.99 for support from Acer and now I'm getting Restore failed Error code 0x3.  Now the support team says I need a technician which cost another $249. Is there any other solution before I trash this computer?????

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Draw0

It sounds to me as if the hard drive itself is faulty. Error Code 0x3 occurs when a device or drive is disconnected and/or corrupted. A corrupted hard drive, does not accept files because the system cannot locate the drive, or a fault is preventing it! Basically it cannot find the path that is needed, likely because the hard drive has failed!

Replace the hard drive, reinstall Windows from the recovery disks, and all should be well! 

Answers

• finlux
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Draw0

It sounds to me as if the hard drive itself is faulty. Error Code 0x3 occurs when a device or drive is disconnected and/or corrupted. A corrupted hard drive, does not accept files because the system cannot locate the drive, or a fault is preventing it! Basically it cannot find the path that is needed, likely because the hard drive has failed!

Replace the hard drive, reinstall Windows from the recovery disks, and all should be well! 

• Draw0
    Draw0 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

New hard drive worked just fine, the system has been recovered.  I wish I would have done that before wasting so much money.  Awesome advice!!!  Thank you

• finlux
    Options

You're Welcome - Glad you're fixed Smiley Happy

This discussion has been closed.