Acer v3-772g BSOD problems (driver_irql_not_less_or_equal, kmode_exception_not_handled)

ID_IcEmAn
ID_IcEmAn Member Posts: 18 New User
Hello. I have bought my Acer v3-772g laptop about six weeks ago and have problems with it since then. When I brought it home I first installed all the updates for windows 8 and updated to windows 8.1. First BSOD happened just after few days of use and then randomly repeated. When I had enough of it, I did a factory reset and did the fresh install of w8 and w8.1 as it is suggested in manual. After few days BSODs were here again. After that I made another factory reset and ran just w8, without updating to w8.1. BSODs came back after two weeks of use (it took them longer, but they are here). What to do? I have latests drivers. Support centre in my country said that I should bring in for the repair, but I really need my computer for work. I spent hardly owned 1200€ for this computer and it doesn't even work, I live in fear that it will crash in the middle of project that I'm doing and I have to save every move that I make. I hate this and just want normal working laptop. Smiley Sad Thanks.

Answers

• ID_IcEmAn

I posted this from facebook and didn't know that it will show here.

My old topic with problems on windows 8.1 is here:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-v3-772g-BSOD-s-kmode-exception-not-handled-irql-not/m-p/225546

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

OK. You said you that you have the latest Win8 drivers. Does that mean you downloaded and installed the latest Win8 drivers AFTER you did a factory re-set?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ID_IcEmAn

Yes, it means that.

I have enabled driver verifier earlier and couple of hours later gor BSOD

unexpected_kernel_mode_trap with athw8x.sys

http://1drv.ms/1lkWRF6

Could this mean, that atheros drivers are to blame for BSOD's, because I was (and still am) running driver verifier???

• JackE

>>>Could this mean, that atheros drivers are to blame for BSOD's, because I was (and still am) running driver verifier???

Likely. I think you should first try to rollback the driver in Device Mgr if possible. Report back.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ID_IcEmAn

Did that.

this is getting ridiculous

http://1drv.ms/PeoJzG

i'm sick and tired of this s***

• JackE

Sorry, I didn't know what the link was about. So I didn't click on it.

Did the rollback make the BSOD go away?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ID_IcEmAn

Oh, sorry. The link is minidump file.

No, it didn't make it go away. I got 3 BSOD's in last 6 hours. 

Smiley Sad

• JackE

At this point, I can only ask you to consider this recent experience as a test of updating drivers as we discussed before. The updates apparently aren't agreeing with your system for some reason I can't explain. Accordingly, I can only suggest something that you're not gonna like -- again. Factory re-set like before. And this time, you gotta promise to NOT do like you said you weren't gonna do before --- and I quote --- ""I'm not planning to update any drivers as long as it is running fine." 8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ID_IcEmAn
    But I didn't update any drivers until day before yesterday. I got 2 BSODs from 7th march until 29th march on windows 8 (as I said, that I won't be updating to w 8.1) and then updated drivers as BSODs noted that my Atheros driver may be causing problems.

I am doing the reset as we speak and this time I will uninstall mcafee when i finish installation of windows. Update to windows 8.1, update ALL the drivers (I have noticed, that acer issued new drivers for w8.1 in past 2 weeks) and install all the software that I meed for my work. If I get any BSODs after this, computer is going to get repaired under warranty, because this just can't be normal. 4 factory resets and million of random bsods Smiley Sad
  • JackE

>>> computer is going to get repaired under warranty,>>>

If it were mine, and knowing what you and one other person on your old thread have been thru, this would be my next step. At least get chat or phone support before deciding to do all this.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• ID_IcEmAn
    I called phone support today and they told me that they need to take a look at it. And knowing how long it takes in my country, I would rather buy a new computer than wait.

They act like we're 3rd world country.
This discussion has been closed.