Aspire E1-572G sleep problem

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

As you'll see in Device Mgr, there are a bunch of dlls and other files associated with the driver. Other devices and programs may depend on some of these files so be cautious on which ones you delete. Probably a safer bet is to simply start renaming some of them that seem like the new version (by name and/or date stamp) so that you can change them back if you get into trouble.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• camilcze
    camilcze Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

hi,
    maybe you could try a driver from acer website for model v5-561 g, amd r7 M265 13.201 , and the sleep problem solved

• dcal52
    dcal52 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

all right ... great to have 2 suggestions to try.  So I decided to try the one by camilcze first as it looked like less work.

Although to be honest I was not feeling very confident that the device manager would accept this update based on my previous experience, as it was still an older version of driver than the one already installed (see my earlier posting). But 13.201 for Acermodel v5-561 as suggested did install (just using the "update" option, and choosing the folder with the downloaded driver files), and this with no problem. And.... the sleep definitely seems to be working!  The only small glitch I have noticed is that although the display goes to sleep as per my setting, it takes considerably longer for the HDD to go to sleep than my setting.  Not a big deal for me though and I can certainly live with this.

So Jack I never did get a chance to try "temporarily" deleting the "newer" driver files to allow installation of the earlier version driver.  Although I was feeling rather intimidated at the possible prospect of having to determine which files in the "newer" driver package might be doing double-duty (and having to be re-activated), I was planning on giving it a shot.

Anyway, once again, many thanks to both of you for your help in all of this ... it's much appreciated

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

Congrats again Dan. Hope this one holds for you this time around. Don't forget to give that camilcze another kudo while you're at!  8^)

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ